My students had a hard time learning how to find the missing addend, so I created some games and extra practice pages to help reinforce the skill. I hope that your students enjoy the games and extra practice pages.
1. Print out the games and practice pages.
2. Laminate the work mat and numbers.
3. Cut apart the numbers.
4. Teach students how to play the game.
5. Have fun!
1. Students need a work mat and cards.
2. Shuffle the cards.
3. Students take 2 cards and lay the smaller number in the addend spot with the larger number in the sum spot.
4. Students try to find the missing addend. ~~See Example~~
Example: 2 + ? = 6