I love the book, Who Is Stealing the 12 Days of Christmas?, by Martha Freeman because it's a GREAT holiday mystery! It's so suspenseful that it will have your kids on the edge of their seats. It's perfect for engaging students during a crazy time of year.
This book activities packet includes:
- 7 pages of Teacher's Notes, Lesson Ideas, and Discussion Questions
Handouts for a Student Packet:
- Cover page
- Story Strip for Visualizing
- Who's Who of Chickadee Court? Organizer
- Vocabulary Word Storming
- Question Recording Sheet
- Story Elements
- Character Recording Sheet
- Character Traits Maps for Alex and Yasmeen (the detectives)
- Be a Simile Detective Chart
- Cause and Effect recording sheet
- Detective's Dictionary (which includes words that are associated with mysteries)
- Clue Tracking Sheet
- Suspect Tracking Sheet
- Opinion Writing Piece Graphic Organizer (way to use the book to incorporate the ELA standards for writing an opinion piece)
Thanks for checking out my book unit!
* This unit would compliment my Mystery Fun unit and/or my Mystery Vocabulary Words Poster Pack. See my TPT store to take a look.
Thank you so much, Kristin! I am glad that your students loved it! :)
February 5, 2012
I LOVED this book! Until seeing your packet, I was unfamiliar with it, but got 8 copies on ebay and amazon ued books and had a GREAT literature unit completely using your packet! It is very thorough with fabulous graphics and outstanding graphic organizers! I have been thrilled with this discovery and plan to get even more copies of the book by next year!
I stumbled across this book in the Scholastic book order. I had not heard of it either, but I wanted to give it a try because my classroom theme this year is mystery/detective. The kids absolutely loved the book! They had so many predictions for who they thought had stolen the Macho Military Mice. It was so cute! Some of my kids wanted to know where they could buy those little mice. :( I hated to tell them it was just make believe. I am so glad that your kiddos enjoyed the book too.
January 30, 2012
Just what I was looking for - We started our mystery unit & this is the perfect thing to go with a read aloud in our third grade class. Thank you!
I really really love this packet! I love that it is not the traditional chapter 1...questions and vocabulary...but a very different way of looking at the story! I am so excited about all that my kids are going to learn through your packet! :)
Yes, the best way to add the multiple licenses is by adding one unit to your cart. A pop up box will ask if you wish to buy multiple licenses. You can add the additional licenses to your cart. The licenses are at a discounted rate.
I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions.