Wild About Synonyms: Centers and Independent Practice
This packet includes several activities:
• Directions for a Synonym Concentration game for two or more players
• Matching synonym cards and directions for one player
• Directions for a Flip Flop Synonym game that requires students to draw a card and mark a synonym of the word drawn. The student that gets 4 words in a row wins!
• Synonym cards
• Independent “Wild about Synonyms” worksheet that practices identifying synonym pairs. An answer key is provided.
• Games answer keys
• Synonym poster for display (please note there are two color choices to choose from- pink which matches my FREE antonym poster and literacy center or a blue version to keep the concepts separated)
Mandy Gregory has taught 4th, 3rd, and 2nd grade in both the general education and inclusion setting. She is the owner and creator of the Teaching Tips website (www.mandygregory.com). Mandy has over 10 years of experience.