You and your students will be "wild" about weather after doing all of these math & literacy centers.
1.Over the Rainbow Compound Words - Students will make compound words by matching both sides of the rainbow and recording them on the record sheet. A bonus "Super Sentence" writing activity is included.
2. Raindrop Word Sort - Students will sort the the words printed on the raindrops by noun, verb & adjective and record them on the record sheet. Then they will use a word from each column to write a super sentence.
3. Twister Contractions - Students will match the "tornado" themed words that have been twisted to make contractions and record them on the record sheet.
4. What's the Weather ABC Order - Students will put three sets of weather themed words in ABC order. Then they will use the words to write complete sentences.
5. All About Weather Sentence Scramble - Students will unscramble the words to create a sentence about the weather. They will record it in their booklet and draw a picture to illustrate their words.
6. Rainy Day Word Building - Students will build and write real and nonsense long vowel words by moving around the gameboard and drawing a beginning sound.
7. Let's Write About the Weather - Students will write a sentence in their booklet about what they like to do in various kinds of weather. Then they will draw a picture to illustrate their words.
8. Springtime Shopping Spree - Students will go shopping for springtime items by glueing the correct amount of change next to each item in their booklet.
9. Rainy Day Numbers - Students will count each set of tens and ones and match it with the corresponding number. Then they will find the match that is written in expanded form.
10. Twister Math - Students will draw two cards and use the greater than/less than gameboards to create a number sentence using numbers from 1-120.
11. Cloudy With a Chance of Numbers - Students will use what they know about 1 more, 1 less, 10 more and 10 less to fill in the missing numbers on the hundreds grids.
*This unit included updated versions of several centers that have been previously sold individually in our TpT store. There are also several new activities.