Make a Writing Center! Everything you need to set up a center full of ideas and successful writing tools. I have made my center on a tri fold project board so it will be portable, but this can also be used on walls or placed in a Writing Notebook. Copies of "What Good Writers Do", "What Can I Write About?", Super Synonyms" and the alphabet chart are perfect to print for each student's writing journal/notebook.
Everything (samples and titles) are sized to fit a Tri Fold Foam Display board sized 40" x 28" when fully open. I purchased my board at Walmart. SEE FREE PREVIEW DOWNLOAD FOR A PHOTO OF THE FINISHED DISPLAY BOARD.
Included in this download:
1. "What Good Writers Do..." Printable
2. "What Can I Write About?" Printable
3. "Super Synonyms" Printable
4. Alphabet/Number Chart
5. *Story Sample
6. *List Sample
7. *Card Sample
8. *Letter Sample
9. *Book Sample (fold in half to make a booklet - you may want to add additional pages.)
10. Bonus Writing Checklists - Cut and handout to students during the editing process.
11. Titles: "Writing Center" and "Work on Writing". I included both titles so you could choose what you wanted to call your center. **There is some assembly to the titles! You will need to piece the letters together for some of the words prior to cutting around them. An alternative is to use pre-made letters.
12. Titles: "I Can Write a... Story, List, Book, Card, Letter". After printing, I cut around the titles to adhere them to the tri fold board.
*The samples in this download may be used in your center, however I opted to handwrite most of my samples so the students could see authentic writing. You can use the samples as is, or use them as a guide to make the samples you put in this center. I also used a real card for the card sample.
FYI - I cut construction paper to back each of the pages that I put on my tri fold board. Since the board was white, this made the pages stand out more.
Writing Center by Cindy Gilchrist is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Writing-Center.