Here are the steps:
1) Students stand up with their cards.
2) Students put a hand up and find a partner. (groups of 2 only)
3) Partners give a greeting. (Mine just say, "Hi,")
4) Partner A asks the question on the card they're holding.
5) Partner B answers. (If the answer is wrong, Partner A coaches; If correct, s/he gives praise.)
6) Switch roles.
7) Partners trade cards.
8) Partners give departing gambit.
9) Partners split up, put a hand up and find a new partner without teacher prompts.
10) Quizzing continues until the teacher calls time.
February 8, 2013