- I taught private snare drum and drum set music lessons for 8 years at a music store in Muncie. - 6th - 8th grade Social Studies, 6th grade remedial English, and 6th - 8th grade Study Skills.
- I always differentiate instruction based on ability levels, student interest, and learning style. - My students "show what they know" with product - based assessments as well as tests and quizzes. - Plenty of field trips! - I include lots of technology in my lessons! I use websites, free web applications (like studystack.com, which I HIGHLY recommend), and/ or web activities that go along with my lesson plans as I write them. - I use edited primary sources at least once per unit.
- "Outstanding Future Teacher" award from the Indiana Association of Colleges for Teacher Education. - "Outstanding Social Studies Methods Paper" award from Ball State University's 12th Annual Student History Conference.
- Bachelor of Science in Sociology from Ball State University (Muncie, Indiana) with minors in Political Science and Ancient Studies. - Masters of Education in Secondary Education from Ball State. I also earned my Indiana Initial Practitioner's teaching license in Social Studies while working on my Masters degree. My areas of concentration are: Historical Perspectives, Citizenship and Government, Sociology, and Psychology.
- I have been married for 14 years and have a daughter in 6th grade. - Worked with adjudicated youth in a residential behavioral treatment facility in Anderson, Indiana for 5 years. - I served in the U. S. Navy during Operation Desert Storm! I was an Aviation Electrician's Mate working on F/A - 18C aircraft in Strike Fighter Squadron 86. - Visit my website at http://mrsticklersclass.wikispaces.com/ and my blog for parents, tutors, and teachers at http://www.wyzant.com/Tutors/IN/Muncie/8049624/. - Follow my Classroom board on Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/lewishenry/my-classroom/. (Techniques and things I use in my classroom.)
English Language Arts, Specialty, Science, Environment, Other (Science), Social Studies - History, Ancient History, Civics, Government, U.S. History, European History, World History, Middle Ages, Arts & Music, Visual Arts, Other (Social Studies - History), Classroom Management, Study Skills, Cooking, Study Skills, Holidays/Seasonal, Back to School, For All Subjects