* Three years - 7th Grade Reading/Language Arts * Two years - 8th Grade Reading * One year - 8th Grade Language Arts * Four years - Student Council Adviser * Three years - Drama Director
* I focus on cooperative learning and self-discovery. * My lesson plans typically follow a demonstration / group or partner practice / independent work / reflect & refine process to help students build multiple connections with the material. * I frequently work with historical / social themes to build interdisciplinary connections for students.
* National Board Certified Teacher in Early Adolescent English Language Arts * Pride Award for teacher who best exemplifies the work ethic and values of the Litchfield Elementary School District * Mentor to Student Teacher
* Completed Reading Specialist coursework from Chapman University * M. Ed. in Elementary Education (graduated with highest academic honors) * B.A. in English Literature from Western Washington University (graduated with highest academic honors)
* In addition to teaching, I also advise Mustang Student Council and direct VMS' school plays.