5 Activities for Beginning Completing the Square
1) It is a Perfect Square Trinomial Sort:
21 equations that students sort the into 2 categories: equations that are prefect square trinomials and equations that are not.
2) Factoring Perfect Square Trinomials Dominoes Matching Game:
- Changing equations from standard form to vertex form (using completing the squares or vertex formula)
- Changing equations from vertex form to standard form
This activity is designed for students to work individually, in pairs, or small groups.
How to use: This activity is a
- Changing Absolute Value Equations into Piecewise Functions
- Can identify the two evaluations rules for a simple absolute value function
- Ideas and Directions
- 2 Version (12 cards per page ... version B also print 4 cards per page)
- Domino Order (key)