This unit includes a poster and double-sided bookmarks to use in talking to students about how to be a good Digital Citizen. It includes info about following an AUP (Acceptable Use Policy) as well as how to be safe while using the internet. There are also isolated pieces from the poster in case yo
Looking for vocabulary activities to engage your students? iPad lessons are a great way to teach students a variety of skills and concepts. Direct teaching using vocabulary activities help improve comprehension only when taught in meaningful context. The iPad activities in this document allow studen
Includes a link to copy as a GOOGLE DOC and an MS Word file.
In this super fun and easy activity for grades 5-8, both Internet and MS Word and/or GOOGLE DOCS skills are applied. Students look for fun facts and incorporate them into a poster in Microsoft Word. Included in this file are directions fo
In this Microsoft Word activity, students become more familiar with the keys they should know in grades K-2 by dragging characters to their correct position on the keyboard. It is recommended that students in this age group identify and use the following keys:
* each letter from A-Z
* the number ro
This is a short, but sweet powerpoint to use when you introduce the economics terms of Natural, Capital, and Human resources. There are two slides per type of resource, one slide providing information and examples, and another where you can use the pen tool in ppt. to have students generate examples
Opinion Writing: I like to work on practicing paragraph writing skills with my students before moving on to writing five paragraph essays. This opinion writing project is a fun way to do it! With this 30 page writing unit students will state their opinion about what they think is the "best" in diffe
This smartboard lesson will get your students excited about sorting shapes by attributes.
The lesson includes a lesson plan, interactive pages (drag and drop, pop the balloons, click and reveal), active links to websites and a student worksheet.
After this lesson your students will know how
This PowerPoint presentation is an introduction to fractions for first, second or third graders. The presentation explains parts of a set and parts of a whole. It includes vocabulary, such as numerator and denominator, and examples for practice. Students can use mini whiteboards to write the frac
This worksheet is based on a FASCINATING animated video titled Alma: Vimeo Youtube Your students will be RIVETED by this film!!
This wordless video is a 5 minute story about a girl in a mysterious doll shop with an unsuspecting ending.
The companion sheet provides STOP points throughout the v
"How can I use one iPad effectively in the classroom?"
"How can I use the iPads for more than just games?"
Since those questions seem to come up quite frequently, I have begun searching ways to use the iPads for more than just a glorified math practice sheet. How can the students use reference
This Internet pack will provide you with resources to teach students about the Internet and Cyber Safety.
1) Word wall cards - key vocab about Internet safety
2) What is the Internet?
3) What is the Internet used for?
4) What are the benefits and negatives of the Internet?
5) When it's po
When your class reads a story about a quilt, you may want to have your students create a quilt square of their own. This four-page booklet provides directions, with examples, for students to create four different traditional quilt blocks derived from information about themselves. Also included in th
This lesson is a great introduction or review of the 6 pattern block shapes and their attributes (circle and rectangle are included as well). Students will learn the names of the shapes, use interactive pages (click and reveal) to solve shape riddles, count sides and angles of shapes, watch short v
• This presentation will get you started with using Windows Movie Maker - Your very own movie studio.
• It provides step by step instructions for adding photos, videos, audio files etc.
• Quickly add photos and footage from your PC or camera into Movie Maker
• Enhance your movie with audio and a the
Let's explore and experiment with magnets! This smart notebook file includes a step by step lesson plan for using this lesson. Pages include, chart for attracted and not attracted to a magnet, yes/no prediction charts for magnet experiments (experiments described in the lesson plan), titles to fin
Students choose a history topic and complete their own Webquest with this step-by-step guide! Step-by-step directions for students to create their own United States history WebQuest for their classmates. While creating the WebQuest, your students will inadvertently learn new knowledge about the his
• Animate your presentations!
• Create professional-looking animated explainer videos and animated presentations
• Simple to use interface
• Wide variety of animation tools right at your fingertips
• Dynamic characters, eye-popping images, and active text sequences
• Capture audience at
Text Features: Book Creator differentiated project
Looking to integrate technology into your classroom but don’t have the time to create the projects?
This differentiated text features project is a great hands on activity to get your kids engaged about non-fiction in a meaningful way.
1. Give stud
In this activity, students will gather information from Internet sources to create a poster of one of America’s states.
This activity can be copied to computers so students can work directly with the file in Microsoft Word. Links to websites are provided--so, students can click on links that will
Google Drive Docs Student Intro/Assignment
Start taking advantage of one of the best ways to utilize technology to share, collaborate, and create!
This handout walks your student step-by-step through opening account, creating a document, inserting links, and sharing the document. It also involves
• Students will find the definition for each of these 24 computer terms
• An answer key is included so that teachers can take up the definitions of the terms with their classes and/or mark student answers
• Great to leave for a sub or if students finish early!
Note: You will receive this lesson i
NOTE: This activity is also included in my "Welcome Back to Computer Class Pack." You can save money by multiple items. Click here to view!
This kit includes a lesson plan and printable activity cards that will teach children in grades Pk-2 how to recognize and name four common parts of a computer
In this lesson, 4th or 5th grade students will use the information they learned about weather to create an animated weather “forecast” map to present to the class. This lesson is aligned to the ELA Common Core State Standards. Students will complete the requirements on the Student Rubric and print t
If your library uses Follett’s Destiny Library Catalog, then you have a great built in social networking component in Destiny Quest called My Quest. This controlled environment is perfect for helping students learn about responsible online interactions. It is also a motivational and engaging way for
These lessons and handouts will help you teach students how to independently select an appropriate online database for their research project. This file is in .doc format so you can edit the handouts for the databases that your school/county has available.
After downloading, feel free to rate this
This pack will provide you with resources to teach students about Cyber safety, specifically Cyberbullying.
1) What is Cyberbullying?
2) Examples of Cyberbullying
3) What can you do if you are being Cyberbullied?
4) What is it like to be Cyberbullied? story and discussion questions
• Discovered the future of computing including the mouse and the first use of graphics on a computer
• Fired from Apple and returned years later to rebuild the company
• Bought Pixar and made Toy Story
• Discovered computers at age 12 and launched Microsoft
• Changed the way p
This sheet has been a huge success in my classroom! The students love researching current events and how they tie into the current unit we are studying. I have used this activity during class in our computer lab, but sometimes I send it home with the students so our current unit stretches outside
This winter themed interactive storytelling and coding unit is sure to be a hit in your classroom! Teaching students storytelling and coding is a critical component to any 21st-century classroom. However, if you are a classroom teacher, you may feel you don't have the time to add one more thing to y
• A new literacy tool for a new generation
• Inspire students to write and read better, and more often
• Beautiful art inspires students and jumpstarts their writing
• Students unlock the stories found within the art
• Easy to use features guide the creative process
"Your Words. O
This pack will provide you with resources to teach students about being Digital Citizens.
1) What is a Digital Citizen?
2) How can I be a good Digital Citizen?
3) Don't be a Digital Pest
4) Digital Footprints
5) Discussion: How can my footprint impact on my future?
6) Digital Citizen vs D
Needing to teach online safety and digital footprint to elementary school students? This lesson plan includes age appropriate information and activities, teacher instructions, and an assessment to cover roughly 90 minutes. I have taught this lesson with Kindergartens through 4th graders!
This lesson and guide shows teachers and students how to create "Choose Your Own Adventure" books in Google Slides
• These stories can be interesting, fun and challenging for students
• Students will need to plan out their stories because of the somewhat complex nature of “choose their own adventur
Introduce your students to spreadsheets with these high interest activities! Included are two spreadsheets of data from Burger King (nutritional information) and McDonalds (prices). Students will learn how to guess and check (predict) and enter values correctly in order to answer questions. Inclu
• Create and share your work online and access your documents from anywhere
• This lesson and activity contains screen shots, tips, activities and instructions for setting up a free account and creating and editing Documents using Google drive.
Google Docs is a FREE alternative to Micr
PowerPoint. PowerPoint. PowerPoint. Same old. Same old.
Not today! Animate This! lesson plan will have your students using PowerPoint in a brand new way!
Supporting both PowerPoint and Google Slides, students will have all they need to get started on creating a beautiful animation without the hass
Download this file for your students to use in GOOGLE DOCS and Microsoft Word where they can have fun learning to find and change font styles! My students love it!
A great technology curriculum resource!
Copyright 2013. Christina R. Gill-Lindsey/Computer Teacher Solutions. All rights reserved.
Who doesn't love to travel? Engage students as they plan a vacation to their dream destination using Internet research skills and learning about MS Word, Excel and Publisher.
Students research and plan the vacation using a set budget and then utilize Word to compile research, Excel to demonstrate
A classroom favorite!
Students have access to cute pet clipart that they spend a budget to "buy" to fill an imaginary pet store. Students enter the data in Excel and also use math functions to total the cost.
GOAL: Get as close to your budget as possible without going over!
Lots of fun and lots
• Engage your students with video
• Animated movies made easy
• Excellent for a variety of subjects
• Make Professional Animated Videos
• Add a character, swap a background or start a scene just by dragging and dropping
• Animated video lets you tell your story out loud! You’re not passively capturi
Here is an social studies/history activity that is ready to go for researching three of our original founding fathers! Use your computer time to help your students learn more about Benjamin Franklin, George Washington, and Thomas Jefferson. This file contains five worksheets for your students to com
Young students in grades K-2 will enjoy:
-typing the word “THANKSGIVING,”
-typing or choosing items they are thankful for,
-and accessing online Thanksgiving activities all within the same Word document.
When students finish with typing and expressing what they are thankful for, they can click
This is a fun research assignment that uses a scavenger hunt style. Students use provided internet links to answer questions and create a slideshow about the day they were born! Questions refer to their actual birth year, as well as other years throughout history. They will find news events from
• Creative tools for photo editing and graphic design
• Free! No download; easy-to-use interface
• Gorgeous one-click effects and filters
• Add text, effects or overlays
This lesson includes screen shots, instruction bubbles and an activity to teach students how to use the photo edit
Students in grades K-2 will easily learn and remember the names of basic computer parts in this interactive MS Word lesson. There are two activities:
1. Students are asked to type computer part names into a table after looking at an image of each part with it's name.
2. Students use a color-coded
Laura Ingalls Wilder is known for her series of growing up on the prairie. This author study explores information about her life, homes, and books.
This worksheet is a guide for your students to use as they use the internet to learn about the author of Laura Ingalls Wilder. The websites and an ans
This file includes directions and pictures so that students can create a Thanksgiving Turkey in PowerPoint 2010.
The detailed directions help student learn how to insert shapes, change the color and outline, rotate shapes and send to back.
If you like this activity, let me know and I will create
This fantastic lesson allows children to make link between Maths and Excel Spreadsheets. It also introduces the very basics of Excel Spreadsheets by introducing the following key terms in a very child friendly manner:
• Active Cell
• Cell Reference
This fun & meaningful GOOGLE Docs and/or MS Excel tutorial CAN BE USED FOR ANY HOLIDAY your students may celebrate.
Students learn about some unique charitable gifts as they:
• enter data into a worksheet
• format fonts
• use the sum function
• create a chart
• and, insert clip art!
• Microsoft Word 2016 is a software application that allows the user to perform word processing and create beautiful and engaging documents.
• This lesson includes instructions along with screen shots and text bubbles to demonstrate how easy it is to create high-quality documents using Microsoft Wo