1st Day Back from Winter Break Spanish Preterite Weekend Chat Activities
- Easel Activity
What educators are saying
Also included in
- How to get your Spanish class to speak Spanish? This is a BUNDLE of 15 Ready to Go Spanish Find Someone Who people search or people hunt activity designed as Spanish interpersonal communicative activities to get students talking in Spanish class. Plus now there is also editable Find Someone Who tempPrice $37.99Original Price $56.89Save $18.90
- Are you struggling with how to plan your Spanish 2 or Spanish 3 class using comprehensible input focusing on the Spanish preterite and imperfect tenses? This el pretérito y el imperfecto mega bundle has 2 full CI units, bell ringers for every day, Spanish culture, commands, the future, weekend talk,Price $84.99Original Price $112.34Save $27.35
- Here is everything you need to teach about Winter Holidays in Spanish class. This Spanish class Navidad bundle could be adapted for any level you teach including middle school Spanish, Spanish 1, Spanish 2, or Spanish 3. Get students chatting in Spanish about a variety of winter celebrations in SpanPrice $15.99Original Price $18.96Save $2.97
- Are you struggling to get your students speaking in Spanish in class? This growing Spanish mega bundle of differentiated interpersonal speaking activities was designed as a mix of communicative task cards, Find Someone Who in Spanish, and Digital Weekend Chat to get Spanish students talking and moviPrice $109.99Original Price $142.24Save $32.25
What to do on the first day of Spanish class after Thanksgiving break or Winter break to practice the preterite tense in Spanish? This is the perfect interpersonal Spanish speaking and writing activity for the first day back from Christmas break. Get Spanish 2, Spanish 3, or Spanish 4 to talk about what they did over the break using the preterite tense.
This PDF Spanish class post break Find Someone Who contains multiple differentiated versions to fit a variety of class needs.
- ✅ Page 1 - Interpersonal questions - yo form provided - most support
- ✅ Page 2 - Writing about friends - support of s/he forms - most support
- ✅ Page 3 - Interpersonal questions - more advanced
- ✅ Page 4 - Writing about friends & self - differentiated support word bank
- ✅ Page 5 - Presentational writing about friends & self - most advanced
- + bonus EASEL self checking questions & answers matching
This people search or people hunt activity was designed as a Spanish interpersonal communicative activity to get students talking in Spanish class. This Find Someone Who is a great way to review or introduce the preterite tense in upper-level Spanish class. Even if students have had limited exposure to past tense, all forms needed are provided on the easier versions. There is an extension to have students write about what their class did as well.
This post winter break Spanish activity would be great for students who have some Spanish background knowledge such as Spanish 2, Spanish 3, or Spanish 4 to talk about what they did over Winter Break. This is many teachers' go-to 1st day after a break upper-level Spanish class plan. A stress-free, zero prep first day back of Spanish class, where students build a positive classroom community and get to know each other.
Ideas to make this Spanish Winter Find Someone Who digital-friendly
- Use the TPT EASEL digital add-on to share with students & collect responses. (This digital version allows you to post the activity on Google Classroom or your LMS and virtual, hybrid, or socially distanced face-to-face students can complete the activity digitally without any paper).
- Click Print and then save as PDF with the pages you want to use digitally and share with students.
Some ideas to make this Find Someone Who social distance friendly
- Do the paper FSW activity outside.
- Interview a partner using Plexiglas.
- Instead of having other people sign the form, have each student just write the name of the person who said yes instead.
- Instead of interviewing the whole class, just work with a partner or small group with masks on.
Read this blog post about mixing up Find Someone Who for more ideas for using this activity face to face, hybrid, and or virtual both on paper and digital.
This is a PDF-only resource. If you would prefer a similar activity post-break editable Google Slides Activity, I would suggest Post Winter Break PRETERITE Spanish Slides instead. Or upgrade to get both options plus more activities with the Winter Holidays Bundle.
This best selling Spanish class winter activity has 185+ 5 star reviews
- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ I love these scavenger hunts! My students enjoy them as well. I like how there are two different versions - one with the verb in the yo form provided and the other without. - Senora's Spanish Store
- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ I used this resource today after winter break as an ice breaker. Students were so engaged that we used the entire class period, because they wanted to continue speaking with their peers :) Highly recommended! - Vrenlly C
- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ absolutely LOVE this "find someone who" activity! Students are challenged to interact in Spanish and then reflect in the writing portion. They love sharing out about what they learned about - Christina Turpin
- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Happy to have a speaking/ writing activity for after Thanksgiving break. - SraDavilaMadwid
- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ This was a perfect way to come back from Winter break. Gracias for your continued efforts in making all of teaching experiences easier. — Misty J.
- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ No sunday scaries here! Easy to use, no prep and great resource for returning from break! Thank you for creating! — Sra T.
- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ This was a wonderful review and get back into the past tense verbs. My students really enjoyed and it was totally stress free. Thanks! — Cheryl R.
ACTFL World-Readiness Standards for Learning Languages
- ✅ Interpersonal Communication
- ✅ Presentational Communication
⭐ Bundle up for the best deal! ⭐
⭐ Get the Winter Holidays Bundle for the best deal on all of my Winter resources all together including this Find Someone Who - post-holiday break plus Digital Post Break Slides, Para Empezar - Holiday, Find Someone Who - PRE holiday break & Los Reyes Magos - reading.
⭐ Or get the FIND SOMEONE WHO BUNDLE for this resource plus other Preterite Find Someone Who Activities including Weekend Talk, ¿Fuiste…? (past tense) post Spring Break, Imperfect Super 7, Preterite Super 7 & EDITABLE TEMPLATE to make your own Find Someone Who.
Have difficulty with a file?
- This is a PDF Resource. You will need an updated PDF reader to download it.
- Visit the FAQs section, submit a help ticket, or ask a question on the Q&A tab before leaving feedback.
- Follow my TPT store to see more!
- Check out my blog to see how I use these activities in class. mixing up Find Someone Who
- Sign up for my mailing list to get resources & inspiration delivered to your inbox
Copyright © Mis Clases Locas
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Please purchase additional licenses if you intend to share this product.