Animal Research Report | Animals Report | primary grades
Also included in
- Engage your students with this fun and comprehensive, 75 page bundle containing two research reports; animals and insects! It helps make report writing easy! It contains, worksheets, questions, organizers, tools and forms to use for your students to create, develop, write, edit, illustrate, present,Price $8.39Original Price $11.98Save $3.59
- This large, 198 page, Animals Unit Bundle contains a wide variety of resources needed to teach a rigorous unit on animals. It includes CLOSE Reading nonfiction passages to help teach your students about animals (not familiar with CLOSE reading? It’s okay, we have instructions and anchor charts to hePrice $13.29Original Price $18.98Save $5.69
Engage your students with this fun, 49 page Animal Report. Students LOVE learning about animals, and this report helps students communicate all of the new facts and information that they've learned. It makes report writing easy for primary students!
We have developed this report template and additional worksheets, organizers, tools and forms to use for your students to create, develop, write, edit, illustrate, present, and assess their animal report. This template can be for their formal report or utilized as a study guide to develop their report for them to type or write on their own. This packet contains the following:
• Template includes: Topic, Introduction, Description, Habitat/ Special
Characteristics, Life Cycles, Eating Habits, Predators/Prey, How Animal Protects
Itself, Communication, Closely Related Relatives, Interesting and Unusual Facts,
Would it make a good pet, and Conclusion. We have provided additional lined
sheets to add additional information; copy as many as needed.
• Templates for pictures, Maps, and Illustrations.
• A page to help your students find information for their report.
• Resource page and Bibliography Template- I use the Resource Page template
because my students are not ready to learn the rules of a true bibliography, but if
you teach bibliography skills I have included a template for you.
• Tree Map Graphic Organizers for student planning and a blank Tree Map page if
you’d like your students to draw their own map.
• Note Taking page for students to take notes and a note taking page in bullet
format. Copy as needed.
• A PowerPoint page if you’d like your students to create a PowerPoint.
• A Projects page if you’d like your students to create a project.
• An Oral Presentation Information Sheet.
• Rubrics- Performance Task for the Written Report, PowerPoint, Project, and Oral
• Animal Report Checklist for students to check if all performance tasks are
completed and included.
• Editing and Revising Checklist.
• Common Core Standards page that can be hung near the student reports on a
bulletin board to cite the Common Core Writing Standard being taught.
• Teacher Ideas.
• Landscape worksheets - I recreated some of the graphic organizers and illustration
sheets in landscape page orientation if you’d wish to substitute these pages for the
Don't forget that leaving feedback earns you points toward FREE TPT purchases. I love that feedback!
If you like this product, please check back soon as we will be posting new products in the near future. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us and we will promptly help you. Thank you!
The Teacher Team
Here are some other items you may be interested in:
Animal Unit - Close Reading - Text Dependent Questions
Polar Animal Research Report for Elementary Grades
Butterfly Unit – Close Reading – Text Dependent Questions – Butterfly Report Included
Dinosaur Unit - Close Reading - Text Dependent Questions
Planets-Solar System Unit – Close Reading – Text Dependent Questions
Plants Unit - Close Reading - Text Dependent Questions
Biography Report Packet for Elementary Grades
Weather Unit - Close Reading - Text Dependent Questions