Also included in
- This Self-Regulation Coping Skills Bundle will help to teach young people coping skills and self-regulation strategies. This coping skills toolkit is perfect for your SEL (Social Emotional Learning) Curriculum, Trauma Sensitive Classrooms, Calm Corner, individual and group counseling sessions, and$28.00$49.25Save $21.25
- What's in this Coping Tools Bundle: Classroom YogaKids Coping Skills: Stress Management SEL Distance LearningDigital Animated Breathing ExercisesSelf-Regulation Coping Skills & Social Emotional Learning BookMindfulness Breathing Exercises for KidsPortable Calm CornerCalm Down CornerDigital Calm$33.00$56.25Save $23.25
- This social emotional learning mega bundle contains many of WholeHearted School Counseling's SEL games and activities to help children learn, practice, and develop coping skills, self-regulation, social skills, and self-esteem. This SEL Bundle contains some of WholeHearted's top selling resources.$185.00$301.25Save $116.25
- This growing bundle includes all of WholeHearted Resources at a 50% discount....until 400 paid products have been added in total. As a growing bundle, it means that the price will increase each time that I add a new product, until I reach the cap at 400 paid products. Once the maximum of 400 produ$263.75$522.75Save $259.00
CREATE A TRAUMA INFORMED CLASSROOM with over 20 INTERACTIVE PEACE CORNER TOOLS
The Calm Corner Toolbox invites students to use self-regulation coping skills and calming strategies when they are feeling upset, sad, impulsive, distracted or worried in class or at home.
Help foster a mindfulness-based and trauma sensitive classroom with this Calm Corner toolkit, a true game-changer for your behavior management system. This Calm Corner kit provides a compassionate alternative for behavior management clip charts. A wonderful option for behavior interventions.
With an emphasis on strong visual supports, everything you need is in this Calm Corner/ Cool-Off Spot / Peace Zone / Safe Space/ Take a Break Station, with the exception of sensory tools you might want to supplement in a Calm Box.
There are even options for home use, too!
- THE DIGITAL CALM CORNER
- THE CALM KIDS ACTIVITY BOOK Create individual calm corner kits for your students and kids with over 100 interventions and activities in both digital and print!
✔ Calm Corner Signs (with 10 different name choices and 3 different styles)
✔ Rules Sign (grounded in mindfulness & self-compassion theory)
✔ Extensive User's Guide and Description of How Each Coping Skill Helps
✔ "I Need a Break" Cards
✔ Calm Box Labels
✔ Coping Skills, Feelings, and Gratitude Posters / Decor (Multiple Styles)
✔ Coping Skills Checklist
✔ Feelings & Coping Skills Check-In / Check-Out Form
✔ Coping Tools Task Cards
✔ Interactive Breathing Boards
✔ Feel-Good Pictures (composed of funny & cute animal photos)
✔ Yoga Poses
✔ Animal Strength Cards
✔ Positive Affirmation Cards and Posters
✔ Gratitude Task Cards, Checklist and Worksheets
✔ Over 50 Coloring Pages
✔ "I Wish My Teacher Knew" Form
✔ "I Need" Choice Board and checklists
✔ Journal Writing Prompts
✔ Letter Writing Prompts
✔ My Happy Place and Memories Task Cards
✔ Breathe and Be With My Feelings Interactive Lap Book, which includes a physical
sensations Choice Board
✔ Interactive Feelings Check-In and Coping Tools Wall Display
✔ Feelings Choice Board, Poster, and Slider
✔ Coping Tools Choice Board
PLUS, all resources come in Color and Black/White printing options, too!
What is a Calm Corner?
A Calm Corner (Take A Break Station, Zen Zone, etc.) is a designated space in the classroom (or home) that invites young ones to self-regulate, breathe, and center themselves when they are having a rough time. It helps to reduce disruptions, all the while teaching students transferrable coping skills they can use both in and outside of the classroom.
If a Calm Corner could talk, it might say, "I see you are in pain or distress. I see this moment is hard for you. Let's try some calming coping strategies that might help you move through this tough moment and feel a little better."
It is NOT to be used as a time-out or disciplinary consequence of a child's behavior, but rather as a nurturing, safe place that recognizes the humanness of each child, inviting them to use healthy self-regulation coping tools that will help them get ready to learn, get along with others, and practice self-compassion.
The underlying belief and philosophy which guided the creation of each element in this toolbox is this: Every child is lovable, belongs and is doing the very best that they can given the resources and skills that they have.
Creating Trauma Sensitive Classrooms
More and more we are learning about the vital importance of cultivating trauma sensitive classrooms and schools.
Kids need to feel safe, cared for and seen before they are ready to learn and get along with others. Warrior educators like yourself understand this... and this is why we are seeing a movement to implement safe spaces, like Calm Corners and Zen Zones in classrooms.
Teaching children self-regulation coping tools helps the thinking part of their brain, the pre-fontal cortex, to get back on track when big emotions -which are adaptive and there for very good reasons- make it hard for kids to engage in school tasks. Many of our students need extra support in this area, often coming to school already in a reactive state of fear, worry & chronic stress. Until we help students manage and relate-with kindness & compassion-to these challenging emotional experiences, they will not be ready to learn the academic tools that students need to be successful in and out of school.
❤️You may also want to check out these other trauma informed resources: