Digital Reading Responses and Reading Log
- Google Apps™
What educators are saying
Daily Digital Reading Responses is a resource that every teacher didn’t know they were missing! This resource was created out of a need in our classrooms. We wanted our students to be held accountable for their independent reading. We also wanted them to apply content knowledge to their Independent Reading. Our solution? Daily Digital Reading Responses!
Daily Reading Responses are the perfect way to hold students accountable for their reading, while not overwhelming them with “Reading Logs.” These Daily Reading Responses ask students one question that focuses on a standard about their reading. Students are provided with the opportunity to apply the standards to their independent reading books. Teachers can be assured that their students are actually reading and comprehending the text!
- 20 Reading Response Pages for Fiction Texts
- 10 Reading Response Pages for Nonfiction Texts
- 1 Editable Slide for You to Ask Your Own Questions
Standards and Content Addressed
- Parts of Plot
- Character Traits
- Character Analysis: Looks, Thoughts, Feelings, Dialogue, Others’ Thoughts
- Character Motivation
- Character Change
- Context Clues
- Reading Strategies: Questioning, Summarizing, Synthesizing, Determining Importance, Predictions, Visualizing, Making Inferences, Monitoring Comprehension, Making Connections
- Reading Habits
- Main Idea and Details
- Text Features
- Academic Vocabulary
- Parts of a Book
- Reading Skills: Cause & Effect, Categorize & Classify, Compare & Contrast
Why YOU Will Love Daily Digital Reading Responses:
- A YEAR’S worth of prompts are Ready-to-Use!
- There is even an Editable slide that you can customize to fit EXACTLY what you need!
- NO PREP!
- You are fostering 21st Century Skills
- Students are held accountable for Independent Reading
- You are encouraging a love for reading by not giving them a task that takes away from the joy of reading
Why STUDENTS Will Love Daily Digital Reading Responses:
- Digital Format= Instant Engagement
- They can read for enjoyment!
- Text boxes are formatted and ready to use
- Questions are clear with sentence starters
Frequently Asked Questions:
★ I want to go digital, but I don't know where to start?
Check out our blog post on how to upload digital products to Google.
In this resource, we also include steps on how to upload a digital resource in 3 formats (written steps, steps in pictures, and a video tutorial) to meet your needs.
Easy-peasy! We promise! This is the easiest way to get started going digital.
★ I want to go digital, but my class is not 1:1. What can I do?
Guess what? We are not 1:1 either! We do not let that stop us from providing our students with a wonderful digital learning experience. We need our students to be computer savvy and ready for the state test.
At first, we only had 4 to 5 computers in the corner of our rooms, and that was okay. We used our digital task cards as one of our rotations and it worked out fine. Then we got tablets and we were 1:2, so we taught half our class and the other half was on the tablets. Then we switch. Genius and life-changing for us as teachers. We would never want to go back to life before digital. Digital is the way of the future.
If you have any questions, email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Love Going Digital?
Grammar and Language Digital Task Cards
BE SURE TO FOLLOW US BY CLICKING THE GREEN STAR ABOVE TO BE NOTIFIED WHEN WE POST A NEW PRODUCT! ALL OF OUR NEW PRODUCTS ARE 50% OFF FOR THE FIRST 48 HOURS!!!!
BE SURE TO LEAVE FEEDBACK TO RECEIVE TPT CREDIT TOWARDS YOUR NEXT PURCHASE!
Don't miss out on updates, freebies, and tons of fun!
This pack is intended for ONE CLASSROOM TEACHER to use. If you would like to share with your colleagues, please purchase an additional license. Thank you for respecting our hard work!
All rights reserved by the author.
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Electronic distribution limited to single classroom use only. Not for public display.