This pack has 50 pages of -an Word Family literacy centers and activities. Check out the preview for a good look at what is included!
11 centers and activities are included as well as 2 or more poetry suggestions from well known published books (e.g. Scholastic books) to make it easy to track down poetry to go with each word family.
1. -an Word Family Flash Cards or Word Wall.
2. Pan Flip Book (1 color version that I like to print a small group set of to use in guided reading and a simpler B&W copy for individual students to make).
3. Can Word Slide (color and B&W copies).
4. -an Mini-Book
5. -an Word Family Puzzles
6. Building Words Mats (use magnetic/foam letters or dry-erase markers on these cards to make the word shown in the picture. 2 versions are included. The first students only need to add the beginning consonant, blend or digraph. In the second, students make the whole word).
7. Roll and Write Graph (students roll a die, read the word with the number on their sheet and write the word above it to make a column graph).
8. Pocket Chart making words activity and recording sheet.
9. Play-Doh mat (make -an words with play-doh).
10. Fill in the Blank (cloze) worksheet. Answer key included.
11. Word Search. Answer key included.
Other word families will be added shortly.
You are more than welcome to check out my blog Down Under Teacher
for more ideas and freebies.