-ip word spelling unit for Kindergarten
This packet includes materials for learning and reinforcing the –ip word family.
This packet could be used for ANYONE teaching the ~IP family as materials are not kindergarten specific. =)
My focus of this packet is to have the kindergarteners complete a “spelling test” at the end of the week. My hope is to help bridge the gap from kindergarten to first by introducing a Friday “spelling test”. The importance of this unit is not entirely the “grade” they earn at the end of the week but the learning and preparation that goes on before the test.
It includes -
1. Cover Page
2. Instruction Page - idea page
3. -ip word cards - cut out/send home/flash cards/ word ring
4. Words with matching clip art
5. Colorful ip word cards with clip art - Use for around the room writing, center work, print 2 copies for a memory game.
6. Gray backed word cards with clip art - laminate and place on a word ring. Use as a reference when writing.
7. 2 pages of Read, Trace, Write with the words
8. Read, Trace, Write - drip, flip, whip - write a sentence and illustrate worksheet
9. Blank journal page - use one or more ip words and illustrate
10. -ip boards with beginning sounds cards, cut out and staple together for a flip book.
11. -ip cards (trace with dry erase marker or roll play-doh)
12. Large -ip poster with matching beginning sounds. Place magnets or velcro to change the beginning sound - I use this as a unit introduction.
13. Spelling test - 2 forms - one with 6 and a bonus word, one with 10 words. Both include a box to mark for beautiful handwriting.
Check out the preview to see what all it has to offer.
Follow my TPT page at: