-og word family activities / spelling unit for Kindergarten
This packet includes materials for learning and reinforcing the –og word family.
The focus of this packet is to have the kindergarteners complete a “spelling test” at the end of the week. My hope is to help bridge the gap from kindergarten to first by introducing a Friday “spelling test”. The importance of this unit is not entirely the “grade” they earn at the end of the week but the learning and preparation that goes on before the test.
This packet could be used for ANYONE teaching the ~og family as materials are not kindergarten specific. =) The materials also would NOT have to be used in the way mentioned above. The “test” is optional, all other activities are reinforcement to the learning of the word family!
It includes -
1. Cover Page
2. Instruction Page - idea page
3. -og word cards - cut out/send home/flash cards/ word ring
4. Words with matching clip art
5. Colorful -og word cards with clip art - Use for around the room writing, center work, memory match game
6. Word cards with clip art - laminate and place on a word ring. Use as a reference when writing.
7. Printable - Read, Trace, Write with the words
8. ¼ page word list to send home for words to practice.
9. Blank journal page - use one or more og words and illustrate
10. -og boards with beginning sounds cards, cut out and staple together for a flip book.
11. -og cards (trace with dry erase marker or roll play-doh)
12. Large -og poster with matching beginning sounds. Place magnets or velcro to change the beginning sound - I use this as a unit introduction.
13. Spelling test - 6 blanks, a bonus blank and a box to mark for beautiful handwriting. (I love to put a bee sticker here if they do well.)
14. –Og word slide
Check out the preview to see what all it has to offer.
If you enjoy this product please follow my TPT page at: