These are the cards that children can manipulate in order to master the concept they are learning. In this case, the child is learning to read phonetic three letter (CVC) words. They include a card with an image and the word label, a card of just the picture and a card with just the word label.
The images are in the size of a 4x6 photo print.
The CVC Words In Each Set
• c a c : bag, cab, cap, cat, dad, fan, jam, map, rat, tag
• c e c : bed, hen, jet, men, net, pen, pet, red, web, wed
• c i c : dig, fin, fix, hit, kid, pig, rip, sip, sit, win
• c o c : box, dog, fox, hop, hot, jog, log, mom, pot, sob
• c u c : bug, bus, cut, gum, hug, nut, pup, rug, sun, tug
For Early Childhood where children have not started reading: Put the cards with the picture and label on the top and ask the child to match the pictures to the pictures first and then match the labels.
For Emergent Readers: Name each picture and put them on the top of the rug or table. Read each word and match to the pictures. Use the “control” cards to check the accuracy of your reading.