1 Year’s worth of Grade 7- 8 Character Education and Life Skills resources! 36 x fully resourced, highly-rated lesson packs and units. All 36 lesson packs (bundled into 20 downloads) are complete with at least one hour-long powerpoint, accompanying differentiated worksheets, clip links with questions, plenaries, clear objectives, starters and all are well differentiated to three levels throughout.
1. Personal development and target setting – how can I improve my skills and behavior? How can self-confidence boost our achievement? How can I manage my behavior to achieve targets and goals?
2. Why do teenage parents have it so tough? How we can avoid teenage pregnancy.
3. Stereotyping, discrimination and prejudice. Disability focus
4. How can we look after ourselves and others in an emergency? Personal safety and first aid.
5. What is vaping and is this as bad as smoking?
6. What is mindfulness? How can this aid positive mental health?
7. Emotional literacy – why is self-awareness in our actions towards others so important? (2 hours)
8. Internet Safety – what is online grooming and why must we be so careful?
9. How can we care for our environment and why is it changing? (2 hours)
10. Careers + development focus - how can we develop our communication skills? Careers + development focus - how can we develop our teamwork skills?
11. How can we become entrepreneurs?
12. LGBT+ focus: Homophobia (2 hours)
13. Finance Unit – what is income and expenditure? Budgeting and saving personal finances. What are national insurance and income tax (UK focus)? Reading payslips.
Why do we pay tax and how is this spent?
14. Stereotyping, discrimination and prejudice. Teens and the media focus.
15. How do we have safe sex and use different forms of contraception? How do we keep good sexual health and avoid STIs?
16. What is consent and why is it important we know about it? What is sexting and why is it so risky to send personal images? What is pornography and why can it be dangerous?
17. How can we prevent radicalisation and recognise the signs of extremism? Who are the extremist groups and why are they so dangerous? Where does extremism come from? How do religious extremists attract converts? Islamophobia – do Muslims really want Sharia Law in Britain? Stereotyping, discrimination and prejudice. Religion focus.
18. Why is it so important to show tolerance and respect for others?
19. Domestic conflict – why do people run away from home and why is this so dangerous?
20. Body image and the media part 1 with a focus on boys.
Many more inexpensive and free resources available at my store and at my website: www.ecpublishing.co.uk