Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
1 Year’s worth of Character Education and Life Skills resources for Grades 8-9! 36 x fully resourced, highly-rated lesson packs and units. All 36 lesson packs (bundled into 25 separate downloads) are complete with at least one hour-long Powerpoint, accompanying differentiated worksheets, clip links with questions, plenaries, clear objectives, starters and all are well differentiated to three levels throughout.
1. Why do we need to keep to rules in order to succeed?
2. How can we foster a Growth Mindset to succeed and achieve?
3. How can I develop interpersonal skills to help me succeed?
4. How can we manage the stress of school and exams?
5. Why do people take illegal drugs and what does the law say about drug use?
6. Why do people become selfie obsessed and consequences can this have?
7. What are the short and long-term consequences of excess alcohol drinking?
8. What is self-harm and why do people do this?
9. Why can’t some people access education?
10. How are we protected from prejudice and discrimination?
11. Mental health – how can I deal with and manage anxiety?
12. Acid attacks – why are these on the increase and what can we do if we witness one?
13. How does knife crime impact on our communities, why do teens get involved and what are the consequences? (2 hours)
14. How does the law deal with young offenders (2 hours)?
15. How can we be self-disciplined to achieve our aims at school and in the wider world?
16. Employability Skills + Money Unit – preparing for and applying to the world of work and careers. What other skills do we need to develop for the work environment? What does it mean to be ‘enterprising’ and what is an ‘enterprising personality?’ Navigating accounts, savings loans and financial institutions. What rights do we have as shoppers and consumers? How can I stay financially savvy and avoid debt? What can we learn from successful business people and entrepreneurs. Should we sent aid to foreign countries – is aid the answer?
17. What is sustainability and why is this essential to our environment?
18. Human Rights Unit - How can extreme views lead to human rights abuses and atrocities? How do charities like UNICEF help across the world?
19. Who are the LGBT+ community and what would they like us to know?
20. Why are British communities so diverse? Immigration and diversity focus.
21. What are domestic violence and abusive relationships? Healthy and unhealthy relationships.
22. Child Sexual Exploitation – how are children and young people lured into dangerous relationships and what do these look like?
23. Body image and the media 2 – focus on girls
Body image and the media 3 – does the media contribute to eating disorders?
24. Can we respect and celebrate our values and the religion and culture of our choice? (2 hour display lesson)
25. What is peer-pressure – why is it so powerful and how can we overcome this?
Many more free and inexpensive resources available at my store and at my website: www.ecpublishing.co.uk