10 Activities for Teaching and Practicing Equivalent Fractions | Grades 3 - 5
What educators are saying
Also included in
- These fraction activities will help your students practice fractions in a fun hands-on way! This set includes 6 low-prep probability stations perfect for exploring probability skills and critical thinking. Quick and easy setup plus clear student directions make these activities perfect for centers oPrice $32.96Original Price $41.20Save $8.24
Get 10 Activities and Games designed to help you teach equivalent fractions and allow your students fun, hands-on practice. These activities focus on modeling fractions so children can see how they are equivalent. Number lines, visual models, and manipulatives such as pattern blocks are used.
These products will help you teach the following standards:
Understand two fractions as equivalent (equal) if they are the same size or the same point on a number line.
Recognize and generate simple equivalent fractions, e.g., 1/2 = 2/4, 4/6 = 2/3. Explain why the fractions are equivalent, e.g., by using a visual fraction model.
Explain why a fraction a/b is equivalent to a fraction (n × a)/(n × b) by using visual fraction models, with attention to how the number and size of the parts differ even though the two fractions themselves are the same size. Use this principle to recognize and generate equivalent fractions.
Here's what you'll get:
- Equivalent Fractions Dominos
- 21 Equivalent Fractions Pattern Blocks
- Practicing fractions with Food Worksheet
- 56 Fraction Clip Cards
- 3 Recognizing Fraction Games
- Interactive Notebook Equivalent Fractions
- 18 Number Line Task Cards
- Oh No Fraction Man Game
- Simplifying Fractions Cut and Paste
- Simplifying Fractions Bingo Game
Prep is quick and easy... Just print the pages, gather the materials listed, and you're ready for a fun and engaging class!
TEACHERS LIKE YOU SAID…
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Cayce F. says, "This resource was great for intervention practice. I used this to lead into proportional relationships."
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Deborah G. says, "Great for those who some understanding and also those who need extension."
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Amy S. says, "These are amazing activities that solidified the concept of equivalent fractions with my students. Thank you!"
You may also like…
→ 4 Equivalent Fractions Activities | Google Slides | Grades 3 - 4
→ All About Fractions Bundle | Grades 4 - 6
→ Ten Activities for Teaching and Practicing Equivalent Fractions
Copyright © You’ve Got This Math.
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Please purchase additional licenses if you intend to share this product.