Also included in
- Introducing the ultimate fables genre study! The unit includes 10 stories with comprehension questions, 7 plays, and a writing activity. It’s a complete reading, writing, speaking, and listening experience. BONUS: Clickable Lesson Plans - Two weeks of reading and writing lesson plans are ready to go$15.00$19.00Save $4.00
10 timeless fables by Aesop are accompanied by comprehension questions. Students infer, find word meaning, describe story elements, find the moral, and more. Stories have been adapted for upper elementary reading.
You can add these passages to your genre study, or use them as stand-alone activities. To support classroom, hybrid, and distance learning, they're available as printable PDFs, as well as forced Google Slides and interactive Easel Activities. Open the preview to take a look.
- “The Ants and the Grasshopper”
- “The Boy Who Cried Wolf”
- “The Donkey and the Load of Salt”
- “The Fox and the Crow”
- “The Fox and the Grapes”
- “The Goose and the Golden Eggs”
- “The Miller, His Son, and the Donkey”
- “The Peacock”
- “The Tortoise and the Hare”
- “The Town Mouse and the Country Mouse”
Would you like to know when I post more resources? Simply follow me on TpT.
I'm committed to continual improvement. This resource was updated and enhanced on July 2, 2020.