Getting ready to go back to school? These literacy centers will kickstart your centers routine! Each literacy center comes in color and B&W, and contains directions for students to follow.
This download includes the following centers:
1. School-Time Sentences: Students use picture cards to generate sentences (picture cards and student sheets)
2. A Colorful Order: Students put color words in ABC Order (picture cards and student sheets) Students also write about their favorite color.
3. Making Words: Students use letter cards to make new words (letter cards and student sheets) Students also use words to write sentences.
4. Syllable Sort: Students sort picture/word cards into different syllable groups (sorting mats, picture cards and student sheets) Students write sentences using word cards.
5. Rhyme-Time: Students use picture/word cards to make new rhymes. (picture cards and student sheets) Students also color the words that rhyme
6. All About Me: Students use a graphic organizer to write about themselves, then they put their information into a short story
7. Handy Helpers: Students match sentences with the correct picture cards and write the sentences correctly (picture cards and sentence cards, student sheets)
8. Noun Sort: Students sort words into person, place, or thing groups (word cards, sorting mats, student sheets) or students can use flap book to sort the word cards.
9. Writing Center: Students choose between 2 different writing options to complete their writing center.
10. Describe Me!: Students use picture cards to generate adjectives about the images (picture cards and student sheets)