10 separate games in one purchase. My students LOVE this interactive conjugation game! They love the competition and it reinforces verb conjugation through repetition!
Each game focuses on a different verb tense or variation:
2. Present Stem-Changers
3. Preterit (Irregulars)
4. -CAR, -GAR, -ZAR (any tense)
8. Present Subjunctive
9. Subjunctive vs. Indicative (Doubt vs. Certainty)
10. Subjunctive w/Emotions & EMOJIS!
Objective: To practice verb conjugation tenses in Spanish
Materials: A class set of copies of this game board, pencil
Time: 20 minutes
1. Pass out a sheet to each student.
2. Students are placed in pairs & will need a book or binder to block their paper from their opponent.
3. Each student draws 5 ships (pictured below) on their game board (hiding it from their opponent).
4. STUDENT A will choose a subject from the left column and combine it with a verb from the top column, conjugating the verb in the tense indicated.
5. Students take turns calling out the conjugations, guessing where their opponents ships are placed:
Example: STUDENT A: “Tu has puesto la mesa.”
If student A calls out a square on which STUDENT B’s ship is placed, they have sunk part of their ship, and STUDENT B calls out “golpe!” STUDENT A goes again.
6. If there is no ship placed in the square, the other student calls out “falta!” STUDENT B then calls out a subject and verb. And so on.
7. Once a ship has been sunk, the opponent announces, “hundido!”
8. The game is over when a student sinks all of the opponent’s ships, or when time is called.
9. Great for all tenses! Subjects/verbs can be altered for different units, vocabulary, etc.