This set includes 10 Black History Month - Themed Expository Writing Prompts presented in the Texas STAAR/TEKS Format. They are targeted for 6th and 7th Grades. Each prompt includes a READ, STIMULUS, THINK, and WRITE/EXPLAIN just as is found in the STAAR Expository Writing Assessment.
* Ruby Bridges (Promoting Tolerance in Your School Community)
* Bessie Coleman (Set to Flight through Reading)
* Sarah E. Goode (Small Creations that Make a Big Difference)
* Dr. Mae Jemison (The Importance of Space Exploration)
* Barbara Jordan (Never Give Up!)
* Rosa Parks (The Importance of a Simple Gesture)
* Condoleezza Rice (Greatness at a Young Age)
* Sojourner Truth (Are You Willing?)
* Harriet Tubman (Willingness to Serve)
* Madame C.J. Walker (From a Weakness to a Strength)
Be sure to check my other products for more Expository Prompts, fun and helpful items, including Days of the Week, Flash Cards, Daily 5 Posters, CAFÉ, Daily 3 MATH and more!
10 Black History Month (Female) Expository Writing Prompts STAAR 6th 7th Grades
is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License