This set includes 10 Black History Month - Themed Expository Writing Prompts presented in the Texas STAAR/TEKS Format. They are targeted for 6th and 7th Grades. Each prompt includes a READ, STIMULUS, THINK, and WRITE/EXPLAIN just as is found in the STAAR Expository Writing Assessment.
* LeVar Burton (Educational Impact)
* Frederick Douglass (Advising the President)
* Langston Hughes (Overcoming Obstacles)
* Scott Joplin (Talent and the Encouragement of Family)
* Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. (Personal Legacy)
* Justice Thurgood Marshall (Correcting Injustice)
* Garret Morgan (Problem Solving)
* Jesse Owens (Character)
* Jackie Robinson (Inspiration)
* Booker T. Washington (A Virtuous Opportunity)
Be sure to check my other products for more Expository Prompts, fun and helpful items, including Days of the Week, Flash Cards, Daily 5 Posters, CAFÉ, Daily 3 MATH and more!
10 Black History Month-Expository Writing Prompts (STAAR/TEKS) 6th 7th Grades
by Rae Marie Livsey
is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License