This unit is designed for 10th-12th grade students and serves as a thorough introduction to microeconomic theory. All materials needed are included. The topics covered are: Utility, Indifference Curves, Demand, Elasticity, Supply and Market Equilibrium. The unit takes 10 class periods to teach and concludes with an exam. There is also an optional quiz that can be added to check for student understanding. This Unit Includes:
- 9 Days worth of customizable PPT presentations
- 2 Primary Documents used in lessons
- 1 Exam (Multiple Choice, Short Answer and Graphing Exercise)
- 1 Optional Quiz
- 1 Utility Log Homework Assignment
- 1 Set of Instructor's Notes with daily objectives
This unit makes liberal use of the gradual release method of instruction. The lessons will often begin with direct instruction, segue to guided instruction and conclude with independent practice. In order to increase student involvement, the presentations are customizable; your students’ names and pictures can be added to the lessons.