Thank you for purchasing the Frozen Literacy Centers package. This package features 10 centers and is a fantastic way to work on essential skills in a very fun and inviting way.
The activities included are:
- Describe the Noun: Includes 2 Describe the Noun sheets and activity instructions Description: Students will come up with eight descriptive words or phrases to describe the image on each sheet (one features Elsa and one features a snowflake)
- Descriptive Writing: Includes 4 printable snowflakes, handwriting paper, and activity instructions Description: Students will decorate a snowflake as they choose and then use their words to describe each aspect of their snowflake
- Instruction Writing: Includes 8 writing prompts, handwriting paper, and activity instructions Description: Students will use one of the 8 prompt cards to write instructions on how to complete a certain task
- Letter Writing: Includes 2 sheets of letter writing paper, printable envelope, and activity instructions Description: Students will write a letter to a person or character of their choice
- Parts of Speech Scene: Includes 2 printable scenes, recording sheet, and activity instructions Description: Students will examine a given scene and record nouns in the scene, verbs that could be occurring, adjectives that describe the nouns in the scene, and adverbs that describe the verbs
- Plurals Snowflake Sort: Includes 36 task cards, 3 sorting mats, answer key, and activity instructions Description: Students will sort the task cards onto the proper plural ending needed to make the word on the task card plural
- Read and Graph: Includes 36 task cards, graphing sheet, data sheet, and activity instructions Description: Students will draw 24 cards, 1 at a time. Students will graph whether the word drawn is a noun, verb, or adjective; Optional data sheet to use after graphing is included
- Snowflake Pronouns: Includes snowflake pronouns sheet and activity instructions Description: Students will look at the pronoun in the middle of the snowflake and decide people or things it could be used in place of; Answers are written on the arms of the snowflakes
- Types of Sentences: Includes 19 task cards, answer sheet, answer key and activity instructions Description: Students will have two types of task cards- either write a particular type of sentence or describe what type of sentence is on a given task card.
- Write the Room: Includes 2 write the room sheets and activity instructions Description: Students will write down an object in the classroom that starts with each letter of the phrase or word
I have also included some extras that will make your execution of these centers even easier, including center labels and a center checklist so that students can keep track of the ones they have completed.
Following this letter, you will find each activity carefully sorted out so that it is easy for you to find you’re looking for quickly.
The instructions are included with the corresponding activity and the other extras are at the end of the packet.
For resources that are not consumable, such as the Describe the Scene pictures and any task cards, I do recommend printing on cardstock and laminating so you can use them over and over again.
Thank you again for your purchase. I hope you enjoy the Frozen Literacy Centers as much as I do.
Certified Teacher and Home Educator