Thank you for your interest in the Jack Skellington Literacy Centers package. This package features 10 centers and is a fantastic way to work on essential skills in a very fun and inviting way.
The activities included are:
- ABC Order: Includes 8 task cards, answer key, answer sheet, and activity instructions Description: Students will put the three groups of words on each task card in ABC order
- Boggle: Includes 2 game boards, recording sheet, score sheet, and activity instructions Description: Students will find words on the Boggle board,, record them, and use the score sheet to calculate their total score based on the number of letters in each word
- Cinquain Poem: Includes example poem, poem outline, subject ideas, 2 recording sheets and activity instructions Description: Students will create an original cinquain poem
- Comic Strips: Includes 2 comic strips and activity instructions Description: Students will create a comic strip by filling in the speech bubbles for each character
- Letter Writing: Includes 2 printable envelopes, 2 letter writing sheets, and activity instructions Description: Students will compose a letter to a friend or character
- Pumpkin Prepositions: Includes 3 pumpkin prepositions sheets and 2 activity instructions Description: Two variations given- preposition given and preposition not given; students will draw pumpkins in relation to a box
- Pumpkin Adjectives: Includes 3 pumpkin adjectives sheets and 2 activity instructions Description: Two variations given- adjectives given and adjectives not given; students will add a face to a pumpkin to match the adjective
- Punctuation Sort: Includes sentences to cut apart, answer sheet, answer key, and activity instructions Description: Students will cut apart the given sentences and sort them into categories based on what punctuation they should have
- Syllable Clip Cards: Includes 12 syllable clip cards, answer key, and activity instructions Description: Students will clip a clothes pin onto the card to designate the correct number of syllables in the word printed on the card
- Word Ladders: Includes 2 word ladder sheets and activity instructions Description: Students will change one letter at a time in a given word to create a “ladder” of new words
I have also included some extras that will make your execution of these centers even easier, including center labels and a center checklist so that students can keep track of the ones they have completed.
Following this letter, you will find each activity carefully sorted out so that it is easy for you to find you’re looking for quickly. The instructions are included with the corresponding activity and the other extras are at the end of the packet.
For resources that are not consumable, such as the activity instructions and any task cards, I do recommend printing on cardstock and laminating so you can use them over and over again.
Thank you again for your purchase. I hope you enjoy the Jack Skellington Literacy Centers as much as I do.
Certified Teacher and Home Educator