Book extensions are one way to get your students excited by reading. Read-Alouds are always a great way to start off. Doing activities with a book doesn't always have to make students feel ho-hum. These activities have a twist of fun and a splash of curriculum. Students love to hear their teachers read to them. Then read it again (how often do you hear that?)... they need that second reading to begin making connections. How cool would you be to let them watch the book on YouTube?
Included in this listing:
• Fold-A-Book activity for sequencing
• Flip-flap book for counting turkeys 10-0 (2 per page to save on paper)
• Free style color - just for the love of coloring (you remember that right)
• Turkey Feather Subtraction (2 levels)
• Turkey Feather Addition
• Ten Turkeys Fooling on a Fence (numerical order, reading a key & color word recognition)
• Build a Turkey (numerical order, reading a key & color word recognition)
• Turkey Time Rhyme (matching a rhyme used in the story to a number)
• It's Turkey Time (using a key, using two-part directions and two-part instructions)
If you have any questions please feel free to contact me. Email Oh So Random
This resource has been designed for printing on US letter size paper. In order for the contents of this unit to print correctly, select “shrink to printable area” or “print to fit page” (or a similar option).
If you find this resource useful, please take a moment to leave some feedback. Go ahead and click the FOLLOW button to be notified when new products are added (and enjoy 50% off new listings for a limited time)!
Purchase of this item entitles the purchaser the right to reproduce the pages for personal and classroom use. Duplication for other classes, an entire school or commercial purposes is strictly prohibited. Please be fair and don’t share!
I hope you enjoy these resources!
Oh So Random Facebook Page
Oh So Random / Melissa Sands TpT Store