This packet includes 10 pages specifically designed for digging deeper into "Harrison Bergeron" and the common core state standards.
The following skills and standards are covered by page:
1. Two Argument Journal Prompts (CC W.9-10.1)
2. Inference, draw conclusions, Metacognition (CC RL.9-10.1)
3. Setting, Plot
4. Mood, Satire
5. Diction, Irony
6. Textual Evidence and Characterization (CC RL.9-10.1 and CC RL.9-10.3)
7. Theme Development (CC RL.9-10.2)
8. POV/Culture (CC RL.9-10.6)
9. Compare two representations of the same scene (CC RL.9-10.7)
10. Figurative Language (32 questions)
All 10 pages come with detailed answer keys.
If you like these graphic organizers, check out "7 CCSS Graphic Organizers to use with any short story/novel."
Also, check out the Free Download for a Harrison Bergeron Accountable Talk Powerpoint.