PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
is 1 image of 10 from the Numbers section my book
1. The book contains 4 sections; ABC’s, Colours, Shapes and Numbers.
2. Illustrated by Métis artist Jennifer Bettio.
3. The illustrations reflect First Nations/Métis/Inuit images.
4. My postings are single pages from each section.
5. Image, facts related to the image, colouring activity and puzzle.
6. The purpose of the book is to provide entry level images related to First Nations/Métis/Inuit for teachers and to help them integrate these sections/images into relevant teachable subjects. Supporting the FNMIE Policy Framework.
7. The book is unique and in French and English used in over 723 schools.
1. Show the coloured image(s) to the class either in print paper form or projected.
2. Discuss it by using some/all of the information on the ‘facts’ sheet.
3. Ask the students to write a story about the image.
4. Ask the students to colour the b/w page provided.
5. Ask the students if they can find the number related to each image anywhere on the page. (i.e. 4 Bison, the #4 is inside the Bison, there are 4 Bison on the page)
6. Hand out the puzzle activity.
7. Discuss the image and how it relates the students, First Nations/Métis/Inuit or not.
8. Discuss the image and how it related to people in the past.
contact me direct, the author, email@example.com