This 10 LITTLE MONKEYS-monkey themed MATH INTERACTIVE POWER-POINT FOR AN INTERACTIVE BOARD
focuses on the concept of subtraction within 10 and subtracting one less. THE MONKEYS, NUMBERS and X’S on the slides are move-able which means you can adapt and edit this PowerPoint to suit your specific needs.
To be able to use these slides SO THAT YOU CAN MOVE THE MONKEYS AROUND ON THE PAGE please DO NOT USE THE SLIDES IN SLIDE SHOW MODE! I have recently learned that on some interactive boards, the images cannot be moved unless NOT IN SLIDE SHOW MODE
PLEASE BE ADVISED THAT THIS POWERPOINT IS A PART OF A SUBTRACTION LESSON INCLUDED IN MY ZOO MEGA PACK
The slide here can be used to:
• Create subtraction visual mats or center mats where students use dry erase markers to interpret the pictorial visual by completing the equation- can be used as whole group or small group centers
• Create subtraction posters for your math center
• Print in card size (2 or 4 per page) and create subtraction task cards instead of mats
• Rearrange the count to any number you want- you will need to remove the numbers and insert text boxes with your own numbers
Differentiated 1-subtracting one less
In this version, you delete a monkey each time a monkey falls off the bed and bumps its head showing one less each time.
• A master slide that shows loose numbers from 0-10 and 10 loose monkeys on the bed
• 10 additional slides that are already prepared to show the following equations: 10-1, 9-1, 8-1, 7-1, 6-1, 5-5, 4-1, 3-1, 2-1, and 1-1.
Differentiated 2-subtracting from 10
In this version, you drag and drop the red x’s over a monkey each time a monkey falls off the bed and bumps its head.
• A master slide that shows loose numbers from 0-10, 10 loose monkeys on the bed and loose x’s to drag and drop over the monkeys as you eliminate an additional one each time.
• 10 additional slides that are already prepared to show the following equations: 10-1, 10-2, 10-3, 10-4, 10-5, 10-6, 10-7, 10-8, 10-9, 10-10
The objectives in this package cover the following common core math objectives:
• • K.O.A.A.1– Represent addition and subtraction with objects, fingers, mental images, drawings, sounds… verbal expressions or equations
• • K.O.A.A.2– Solve addition and subtraction word problems and add/subtract within 10
• • K.CC.A.3– Represent a number of objects with a written numeral.
I am very happy to work with everyone. If you have any concerns or comments regarding this teaching tool, please contact me at email@example.com before leaving negative or low ratings and I will ensure you are 100% satisfied.
All the best
Zoo animals subtraction math center activity/ monkey math PowerPoint/ 10 little monkeys math subtraction lessons, subtraction for preschool and kindergarten