This 10 LITTLE MONKEYS-monkey themed MATH INTERACTIVE POWER-POINT FOR AN INTERACTIVE BOARD
focuses on the concept of subtraction within 10 and subtracting one less. THE MONKEYS, NUMBERS and X’S on the slides are move-able which means you can adapt and edit this PowerPoint to suit your specific needs.
PLEASE BE ADVISED THAT THIS POWERPOINT IS A PART OF A SUBTRACTION LESSON INCLUDED IN MY ZOO MEGA PACK
The slide here can be used to:
• Create subtraction visual mats or center mats where students use dry erase markers to interpret the pictorial visual by completing the equation- can be used as whole group or small group centers
• Create subtraction posters for your math center
• Print in card size (2 or 4 per page) and create subtraction task cards instead of mats
• Rearrange the count to any number you want- you will need to remove the numbers and insert text boxes with your own numbers
Differentiated 1-subtracting one less
In this version, you delete a monkey each time a monkey falls off the bed and bumps its head showing one less each time.
• A master slide that shows loose numbers from 0-10 and 10 loose monkeys on the bed
• 10 additional slides that are already prepared to show the following equations: 10-1, 9-1, 8-1, 7-1, 6-1, 5-5, 4-1, 3-1, 2-1, and 1-1.
Differentiated 2-subtracting from 10
In this version, you drag and drop the red x’s over a monkey each time a monkey falls off the bed and bumps its head.
• A master slide that shows loose numbers from 0-10, 10 loose monkeys on the bed and loose x’s to drag and drop over the monkeys as you eliminate an additional one each time.
• 10 additional slides that are already prepared to show the following equations: 10-1, 10-2, 10-3, 10-4, 10-5, 10-6, 10-7, 10-8, 10-9, 10-10
The objectives in this package cover the following common core math objectives:
• • K.O.A.A.1– Represent addition and subtraction with objects, fingers, mental images, drawings, sounds… verbal expressions or equations
• • K.O.A.A.2– Solve addition and subtraction word problems and add/subtract within 10
• • K.CC.A.3– Represent a number of objects with a written numeral.
I am very happy to work with everyone. If you have any concerns or comments regarding this teaching tool, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org before leaving negative or low ratings and I will ensure you are 100% satisfied.
All the best
Zoo animals subtraction math center activity/ monkey math PowerPoint/ 10 little monkeys math subtraction lessons, subtraction for preschool and kindergarten