This set includes 10 Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. - Themed Expository Writing Prompts presented in the Texas STAAR/TEKS Format. They are targeted for 6th and 7th Grades. Each prompt includes a READ, STIMULUS, THINK, and WRITE/EXPLAIN just as is found in the STAAR Expository Writing Assessment.
* Overcoming Social Injustice Through Non-Violence
* Bringing People Together to Create Change
* Achieving Goals as a Young Person
* What is Your Life-Changing Message?
* Tell About Someone You Admire
* What Career Path Will You Choose and Why?
* What Would Dr. King Focus on Today?
* Why Should This Person’s Story Be Told?
* Your Personal Legacy
* A Faithful Friend
Be sure to check my other products for fun and helpful items, including Days of the Week, Flash Cards, Daily 5 Posters, CAFÉ, Daily 3 MATH and more!
10 MLK-Themed Expository Writing Prompts (STAAR/TEKS) 6th 7th Grades
by Rae Marie Livsey
is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License