Math is no longer about teaching facts. Students need to apply what they've learned so I have created 10 posters with 10 different problem solving strategies with accompanying posters showing an example. I have also made up a problem solving worksheet/ template with an example of how to set it out.
The problem solving strategies are:
- organize a list
- identify a pattern
- draw a diagram, graph or table
- work backwards
- use simpler numbers
- guess and check
- write a number sentence
- break the problem into smaller pieces
- identify a pattern and extend it
- using logic (common sense) and clues
- act out the situation or use concrete materials (eg. counters)
Where possible, I have considered the American/ British spelling.
Also check out my other products including Times Table Tag (whole class game with multiplication and division questions from 2x to 10x), spelling games, music resources and drama unit.