10 Sound and Waves Experiment Stations with Simple Materials
Introductory reading on Sound and Waves.
Stations: slinky wave demonstration, Ruler and Marble wave demonstration, Rubberband sound, Singing Rulers, Tuning a fork, Salt Drum, Straw instruments, Etc...
Stations focus on how vibrations make waves and that sound waves are made of energy transferring from molecule to molecule. also covered is types of mediums through which sound travels through best.
MATERIALS (for each station):
2. Ruler with 6 marbles
3. Thick and thin rubber bands
4. Plastic ruler
5. Tuning fork, bowl of water- (a large bowl 1/3 full is best as the water will splatter)
6. Tuning Fork, Kosher salt, Soup can
7. Straw (1 per student), Scissors
9. 3 hangers, one with string tied to it, one with rubber bands tied to it and one with wire tied to it.
10. Cup and string phones