When I was tasked with replacing a departing technology instructor with no notice, I needed solutions, so I created my own! Using dynamic tools from around the internet for a variety of interests to be met in interactive activities. This short computer science course resource took me a month to create and guided students through 10 weeks (or longer if you choose to extend and expand on them.) All you need is an internet connection. (Google Docs is a plus)
Students will work with art, graphic design, coding, gaming, and more and these pages are ready to print and distribute, or to give digital access to students for completion. These tools require no extra cost, or money, but it does help if they have Google accounts for creating documents or signing up for digital services. Its a great variety of technological skills and experiences to interest many different student areas of interests.
Students will learn (hands-on) a lot about many subjects while gaining valuable skills to learn in computer science and across various curriculum. This unit plan of computer science also teaches the importance of organization, planning, and good study skills with tools like google Calendar, EdPuzzle, Code.org, and more! Ready to print!
Suggestion - have each student start a Powerpoint or Google Slides and put screenshots or what they learned on a slide for each week as a unit project! These are ready to print and distribute, or you can edit/adjust to your liking.
SAVE 25% versus buying all of these resources separately.
Jr. High Google Slides Project Weeks and Page #
1. Google Calendar (page 2)
2/3 Stop Motion (pages 3-7)
4 + 5 Graphic Design (page 8)
6. Code your own Flappy bird game (page 9)
7. EdPuzzle (page 10)
8. Code.org Minecraft (page 11)
9. Scratch exploration Scratch.MIT.edu (page 12)
10. Google Cultural Center - Marie Curie (page 13-15)
Try my TOP 7 Middle School Resources in my HaugerHistory Store:
7. 10 Week Computer Science Technology Course for Middle School Jr. High
6. Colonial Sales Booth Project Students Sign Up Settlers to the Colonies
5. Free: Geometry Walk: Take Math Outside
4. Sub-Saharan Africa Matching Vocabulary Terms and Extra Detail Test
3. 3 Months of Reflective Journal Writes from History December Winter Prompts
2. Create Your Own Feudal Empire Project Students Create A Middle Ages Country
1. 5 Keys to Winning Speech and Debate for Students by a Debate Champion
And whether you buy or not, enjoy a free acoustic song, free from me! "Laddering" Unplugged