PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
What’s the best way to help your students to become stronger writers? With targeted writing instruction, of course! That’s where this set of 10 writing lessons comes in! These lessons can be easily incorporated into writing workshop, writing units, writing centers, or your everyday writing instruction.
Each are designed to be quick and engaging. They can be taught in succession as a single writing unit or you can pick and choose lessons to teach at different points throughout the school year. For instance, if you’re teaching a narrative writing unit, pull out the “Writing Leads” mini-lesson. Or if students are writing a descriptive essay, teach the “Sensory Details” mini-lesson. You can easily teach each of these lessons to the entire class, small groups, or even to individual students.
About the Writing Lessons
• Writing a Lead
• Word Choice
• Writing with Voice
• Vivid Details
• Writing with Similes
• Sensory Details
• Showing vs. Telling
• Figurative Language
• W.3B, W.3C, W.3D, W.4, W.5, W.10
• L.3, L.5, L.6
The lessons can be taught…
• Before starting a writing unit.
• During a writing unit when students are revising and improving their drafts.
• As additional and/or supplemental writing instruction.
• Along with your writing workshop lessons.
• Whenever you see a need when observing students’ writing.
This resource includes:
• Detailed Overview for Teachers
• Writing Lessons: A Closer Look
• More Ideas
• Writing Lesson Cover Pages (for creating student packets)
• 10 Writing Lessons - each lesson includes:
• A detailed lesson plan (2 pages)
• Student handouts (2 pages)
• Answer keys (with sample responses – 2 pages)
You may also like…
Reading Comprehension Skills - MEGA BUNDLE! 9 Mini-Units!
Following is Fun!
Get the inside scoop on all store discounts, free products, and product launches. Just click the green “Follow Me” star under my store name on this page or click the green “Follow Me” star on my store homepage.
Let’s Stay in Touch!
Brain Waves Instruction