100 Days of School Art Project, Template, Coloring Pages, & Writing Prompts
- Google Apps™
- Easel Activity
What educators are saying
Need no prep, 100 Days of School art projects for 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th grade? Imagine these 100th Day balloons in your hallway with a writing prompt. The step by step drawing tutorial and PowerPoint also makes perfect emergency art sub plans for elementary art and general ed teachers.
A fun roll a dice game, ‘you pick’ worksheet, and digital spinners helps kids choose patterns. And, boost their confidence and creativity.
And, it’ll help cash-strapped teachers like you plan art projects for the 100th Day of School, using only markers. Yes, you can watercolor paint with markers! This art lesson includes a 100 balloon template for easy drawing.
Can I tell you a secret? It’s hard to get kids writing in ELA. When they’re not invested in it, they can’t connect with what they’re writing about. Mic drop!
Incorporating creative 100 Days activities like this fun 100 balloons helps. Finally keep all kids engaged!
I’ve designed 3 different ways for students to attempt this art project. All will motivate kids to create! Choose which way works best for your classes:
- Roll a dice game to add randomness to your student’s artwork
- “You Pick” art worksheet for kids to choose their own patterns
- Digital spinner wheels, so kids can randomly pick patterns and you can integrate technology
- Printable dice template in case you have no dice
- Step-by-step picture directions to guide students through the art process
- Balloon Template which kids can draw directly on it or transfer it to heavy drawing paper
- Drawing practice worksheet, so kids can practice drawing patterns
- 2 100-Themed Writing Prompts, so you can tie this drawing project to literacy
- 2 100 Days of School coloring pages that you can use for absent students or hand out as a classroom prize
- Helpful Tips & Tricks handout with teacher directions to help guide the lesson
HOW TO USE MY 100 DAYS OF SCHOOL CRAFT FOR ELEMENTARY STUDENTS
The best part about this dad’s tie activity is that it’s flexible and can be used in many ways throughout your classroom. It's great for maternity or emergency art sub plans, early finisher activities, indoor recess, or even an after-school art club.
YOU WILL RECEIVE
- 1 Non-Editable Printable PDF (100 Days of School Art Project)
- 1 Non-Editable PowerPoint
- 5 Digital Spinner Videos (downloadable, and links to them on Google Slides and YouTube)
- Paperless Google Drive Digital Resource
WHY YOU’LL LOVE IT
This was such a fun morning work activity for my students to get them ready to celebrate the 100th Day of school.
This was something different then many of the 100th day activities out there. I loved this and students were very engaged.
Students always love a fun craft, especially for the 100th day. They had so much fun with these.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
- Read Across America Art Project
- Valentines Day Art Project
- Red Ribbon Week Art Project
Created by Amie Bentley, © Glitter Meets Glue Designs, LLC