Also included in
- Ça y est, je parle français - French 1 - Unit 6 BUNDLE**Purchase the complete Ça y est, je parle français levels 1 & 2 curriculum here**This bundle contains Unit 6 of the Ça y est, je parle français curriculum.UNITÉ 61 . DEMONSTRATIVE ADJECTIVES➯French Dice Game-Demonstrative Adjectives➯French$60.80$95.00Save $34.20
- Ça y est, je parle français - French 1 and 2 - Units 5 and 6 BUNDLESave 30% when you purchase this bundle. This bundle contains Units 5 and 6 of the Ça y est, je parle français curriculum.UNITÉ 5:1 . FAIRE - PRESENT TENSE➯French scrambled sentences exercise - Faire present tense➯French verb faire p$68.46$122.25Save $53.79
- French Passé Composé with AVOIR - BundleThis French passé composé with avoir bundle is a complete resource to help you teach, reinforce, and assess regular and irregular verbs conjugated with avoir as a helping verb. All kinds of teaching and practice resources are included. From time to time I add$52.20$93.25Save $41.05
- This French passé composé bundle is a complete resource to help you teach, reinforce, and assess regular, irregular and reflexive verbs conjugated with avoir and être. You'll get games, puzzles, find someone who (est-ce que tu as déjà) activities, sets of task cards and ways to use them, sets of bo$128.00$231.75Save $103.75
Practice is what it takes when learning verb conjugations. This audio recorded drill will help students learn regular French -ER, -IR and -RE verbs in the passé composé. This is a verb drill of 100 common regular French verbs that you can use either in the classroom or language lab. I've included five great ways for you to use this drill.
➯ This resource is included in my French 1 curriculum bundle!
The audio recording you will download will be great for listening comprehension and oral production, written exercises, paired work and even a cooperative learning group writing game.
FINIR - TO FINISH - JE - 5 seconds to say or write answer before recorded response - J'AI FINI
ATTENDRE - TO WAIT - TU - 5 seconds to say or write answer before recorded response - TU AS ATTENDU
VENDRE - TO SELL - IL - 5 seconds to say or write answer before recorded response - IL A VENDU
ABOLIR - TO ABOLISH - NOUS - 5 seconds to say or write answer before recorded response - NOUS AVONS ABOLI
MANGER - TO EAT - VOUS - 5 seconds to say or write answer before recorded response - VOUS AVEZ MANGÉ
RÉUSSIR - TO SUCCEED - ILS - 5 seconds to say or write answer before recorded response - ILS ONT RÉUSSI
During the recording the verbs are not numbered so that you can easily choose a group of 10 or 15 at any point during the exercise to use as bell ringer reviews or to get your students in French mode as they enter the classroom. Use this drill at any time during the year as an excellent review. Use it with upper level students who sometimes need to revise the basics or provide a copy to struggling students who can use it as review while riding on the bus or in the car.
17 minute mp3 audio recording of 100 regular French verbs in the passé composé.
Student response sheet
5 effective ways to use this verb drill
1. Language lab or classroom listening and speaking exercise
Students listen to the drill either as a class or with individual headphones on. They will hear an infinitive and subject pronoun to conjugate.Students are given five seconds to say their answer before the correct response is pronounced. The verbs are purposefully not numbered in the recording so that you can choose to do them either in or out of order. This is a listening and speaking grammar drill and writing the answers is not encouraged.
2. Language lab or classroom silent written exercise
Provide each student with a numbered answer recording sheet. Students should be
reminded to pay close attention as the verbs in the recording are NOT numbered. They
will hear an infinitive which they should write in the appropriate column. Next they’ll hear a subject pronoun and will be given five seconds to write their answers. Since this is a fast moving exercise you may want to give students a chance to revise their answers once the recording has stopped.
3. Whiteboard classroom activity - Individual or paired work
Have students write answers on whiteboards after they’ve heard the infinitive and
subject pronoun to be used. Pause the recording and give students five seconds to write their answers. When they’ve finished have them listen carefully and check their work when you stop pause and play the answer. This works particularly well with pairs of students because they can help each other and the work won’t seem so tedious. I often allow my pairs of students to keep track of one point per correct answer and at the end of the activity see which group has the most points.
4. Bell ringer activity
You have five or ten minutes to spare at the end of class, so why not play a sampling of
the verb drill? With 100 verbs to choose from you could keep it quite varied. Also use parts of the drill as students enter the classroom to get them in French mode. I've found this to be a great way to keep kids quiet as they come in and get settled.
5. Group writing game
Chances are you have your students’ desks in some kind of rows or groups. Here’s
a fun way to change up the verb drills a bit. Let’s say you have rows or groups of five
students. Before starting the verb drill recording give the first person in each group a
blank sheet of paper and he should have something to write with.
Number the paper 1 - 5 (or the number of students in the group) and as you play the drill the first student has to write his answer next to #1. He has to write something even if he doesn’t know exactly how to spell it. Immediately after the answer is pronounced on the recording he must pass the paper to the next person in his group. It’s important not to hesitate because the recording will continue.
Person #2 records his answer and so on until each person in the group has had a go. At this point, stop the recording and the last person in each group brings the paper back up to the first person who can look over all of the answers written by his group members. He can make any changes he wants to make to anyone’s answer BUT STUDENTS CANNOT SPEAK A WORD TO EACH OTHER.
He then passes the paper back down the row and everyone gets a chance to change either his own or another group member’s answer. They should move fast though because here’s the catch, the first group to turn in a 100% accurate paper to the teacher wins that round!
Merci beaucoup! Don't forget to click on the green ☆ next to my store logo to become a follower. You will receive updates when I add new products or throw a sale.
Want to get TPT credit to use on future purchases? Go to "My Purchases" and log in. Next to purchases there is a link to provide feedback. Click this link and you will be taken to a page where you can give a rating and leave a comment for the product. When you give feedback TPT gives you credits that you can use toward future purchases.