"I am so excited to use this product with my severe phonological process students! Such a great way to get a high amount of repetitions." -Happy Customer-
130 articulation cards! Low prep and printer ink usage!
For Speech-Language Pathologists working with students with childhood apraxia of speech and/or severe phonological disorders. These students usually begin speech therapy with multiple repetitions of simple consonant – vowel sequences and then progress to the more difficult sound combinations.
Note: these are syllable shapes based on sounds and approximations of sounds and not orthography, meaning they are not intended for reading practice.
Using a hole punch, students track their own repetitions of orally spoken (not reading) CV, VC, CVCV, CVC, and CCVC syllable shapes depending on their level in the speech hierarchy:
Each mini-book is arranged by voicing, manner, and/or place of articulation (e.g. bilabial stops).
This is a 39 printable page download (52 total pages with instructions and credits). Included are 13 mini-books:
1. CV syllable shape (voiced and voiceless) – 10 target pictures
2. VC syllable shape – 10 target pictures
3. Simple CVCV syllable shapes – 10 target pictures
4. Complex CVCV syllable shapes – 10 target pictures
5. CVC syllable shapes (bilabial stops) – 10 target pictures
6. CVC syllable shapes (bilabial nasals) – 10 target pictures
7. CVC syllable shapes (alveoloar nasals) – 10 target pictures
8. CVC syllable shapes (alveolar stops) – 10 target pictures
9. CVC syllable shapes (velar stops) – 10 target pictures
10. CVC syllable shapes (fricatives) – 10 target pictures
11. CVC syllable shapes (glides) – 10 target pictures
12. CCVC syllable shapes (stops) – 10 target pictures
13. CCVC syllable shapes (fricatives) – 10 target pictures
Begin using when students can produce all consonants and vowels in isolation.
Where and How:
Use in individual or small group speech sessions.
1. Cut out each page of the mini-book.
HINT: you can cut all three print-outs at the same time to save precious time.
2. Highlight the word, phrase, or sentence based on the student’s goal.
3. The student punches a hole for each accurate production.
4. Punch a hole in the corner and secure with a paperclip for home practice.
100 Punches Cluster Reduction
100 Punches Deaffrication
100 Punches L