100 articulation cards! Low prep and printer ink usage!
Can students punch 100 Ls and Rs out?
Using a hole punch, students track repetitions of L and R using self-discrimination depending on their goal:
• imitated sentence
• generated sentence
• structured conversation
Each word position (initial, medial, final) allows at least 100 opportunities to practice (10 per word).
For Speech-Language Pathologists working on gliding error remediation with students 1st grade and up. Gliding is the phonological process where /r/ and /l/ are replaced with /w/. For example "wabbit" for "rabbit".
•This is a 30 printable page download (35 total pages with instructions and credits).
•Included are 10 mini-books targeting all positions of L and R - in blends, initial, medial, and final positions.
1. /l/ in initial word position (10 target pictures)
2. /l/ in medial word position (10 target pictures)
HINT: In AAE the medial /l/ is omitted before labial consonants (Owens, 2008).
3. /l/ in final word position (10 target pictures)
4. /l/ in final post-vocalic word position (10 target pictures)
HINT: In AAE the final /l/ is vowelized after another vowel (Owens, 2008).
5. /l/ Blends in initial and medial word position (10 target pictures)
6. /r/ in initial word position (prevocalic) – 10 target pictures
7. /r/ in initial word position (vocalic) – 10 target pictures
8. /r/ in medial word position – 10 target pictures
9. /r/ in final vocalic word position – 10 target pictures
10. /r/ in blends – 10 target pictures
Begin using when students can produce /l/ and /r/ in isolation.
Where and How:
Use in individual or small group speech sessions.
1. Highlight the word, sentence or prompt based on the student’s goal.
2. Students punch a hole for each accurate production.
3. Punch a hole in the corner and secure with a paperclip for home practice.
100 Punches: Deaffrication
100 Punches: Apraxia
100 Punches: Cluster Reduction