Can students punch 100 Rs out?
Using a hole punch, students track repetitions of R using self-discrimination depending on their goal:
• imitated sentence
• generated sentence
• structured conversation
Each word position (initial, medial, final) allows at least 100 opportunities to practice (10 per word).
For Speech-Language Pathologists working on R error remediation with students 1st grade and up.
•This is a 15 printable page download (25 total pages with instructions and credits).
•Included are 5 mini-books targeting all positions of R - in blends, initial prevocalic, medial, and initial and final vocalic.
1. /r/ in blends – 10 target pictures
2. /r/ in initial word position (prevocalic) – 10 target pictures
3. /r/ in initial word position (vocalic) – 10 target pictures
4. /r/ in medial word position – 10 target pictures
5. /r/ in final vocalic word position – 10 target pictures
Begin using when students can produce /r/ in isolation.
Where and How:
Use in individual or small group speech sessions.
1. Highlight the word, sentence or prompt based on the student’s goal.
2. Students punch a hole for each accurate production.
3. Punch a hole in the corner and secure with a paperclip for home practice.
100 Punches: Deaffrication
100 Punches: L
100 Punches: Cluster Reduction