This game is meant to be a fun way to help students review fractions. There are multiple third grade standards addressed in the questions! See standards below! The game is meant to be played whole class, after you have covered division in class. This is great for reviewing right before the assessment.
Here is how I would play:
- Print the questions single sided.
- Cut them up and place them face down on a table in your room.
- Print the 100 Questions Grid.
- Students can take one question at a time from the pile. Once complete, they can bring it to you to correct. If they get the question right, they can fill their initials in on ONE of the squares. Students then take another question. Students continue answering the questions until they are all gone and all squares are filled in.
- You can then use a random number generator to select your winners. You can give anything you wish as a prize (I allow winning students to come back to the room for lunch and give them an ice cream pass).
***You can also place the 100 grid on a projector or document camera if you have one in your room. Students can then write their names on the form digitally.
I hope your students have a ton of fun!