Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
2.82 MB | approx 33 pages
This resource pack provides ideas to help familiarise children with the 100 square and understand simple place value.
You will download:
- A simple 100 square with words
- What do you notice about the hundred square
- Independent activities - getting to know the hundred square
- Paired activities - getting to know the hundred square
- Finding more and less using the hundred square
- KABOOM instructions and printables
- Number question cards
- Digit card challenges
- Quiz, quiz, trade (co-operative activity)
- PowerPoint - reading 2 digit numbers
- SNOWBALL game instructions
- Spot the difference
- Spot the mistake
- Visualising the 100 square
These activities are to support learning and require little preparation. Some of them can be used as 'worksheets' but much of it is practical to support active learning. They are simple in their presentation (not lots and lots of clipart!!) I endeavour to promote discussion and reasoning in maths, which these activities will enable children to do.