100 Word Challenge for R
***** Includes all variations of R!!!! Prevocalic /R/ and all Vocalic /R/s (AR, ER, IRE, OR, AIR, EAR) *********
Use these drill sheets to engage your students in quick articulation drill! They will practice their sounds 100 times per page!
- Say each word pictured by itself first (e.g. rainbow, rhino, ring... etc.)
- Next, say the character’s name + the picture (e.g. Rachel rainbow, Rachel rhino, Rachel ring... etc.)
- Next, say the second phrase listed + the picture, which includes the character’s name and a verb (e.g. Rachel runs to rainbow, Rachel runs to rhino, etc.)
- Finally for the last round, say the third phrase listed + the picture, which includes the character’s name, a verb and an adjective (e.g. Rachel runs to red rainbow, Rachel runs to red rhino, etc.)
- Always say the last picture twice, for each round.
- By the end of this sequence, your student will have said their target sound 100 times!!!!!
It may seem difficult or silly at first, but I promise... the kiddos love it and you will too! It’s such an easy way to get MANY productions in! I typically use a “clicker” so the students can count their sounds as they go! Enjoy!!!