100 unique exercises for handwriting warm up cards targeting motor skills.
This is over 5 months (25 weeks) of NO PREP exercises and you only need classroom supplies. This pack includes 100 different exercises. (25 for core, 25 for shoulder, 25 for forearm/wrist and 25 for hands)
There are many different ways to use this pack.
• If you print double sided, laminate and cut individual cards:
– You can have students pick 1 card a day to perform before handwriting / brain break.
– You can have students pick 1 of each type of card to perform before handwriting / brain break.
• If you print double sided, laminate and cut into strips with 4 exercises on one strip:
– You can use this as a weekly program, where students perform one exercise each day (ie: Monday is core, Tuesday is shoulder, Wednesday is forearm wrist, Thursday is hand and Friday is free choice).
– You could have the students do the same four exercises everyday for 1 week.
There are some terms that may be confusing to students. There are pictures that you can print out so students understand the anatomy and directions terms.
There are visuals to help students visualize different actions. These can be printed and placed on desk or wall.
A posture visual is included to help students remember to use good posture!
This is perfect for general education whole group, small group, centers, special education, brain breaks, movement breaks, RTI and MTSS. This is also a perfect activity for occupational therapists OT, teachers, speech pathologists SLP, special education teachers SPED and other school professions while working on skills!
These exercises work on gross motor skills, crossing midline, core strength, coordination, and self regulation. This is perfect for students who are exploring self regulation strategies. Check out my other products that include self regulation strategies.
CLICK HERE TO GET MY MOVING MONEY GAME THAT HAS 54 CARDS WITH MONEY AMOUNTS
CLICK HERE TO GET MY FREE VERSION OF MOVING MONEY GAME
27 VISUALS FOR SENSORY MOTOR CALMING IN THE CLASSROOM
DICE AND SPINNER GAME FOR SENSORY MOTOR
FUN AND FUNCTIONAL HAND STRENGTHENING HANDOUT
I am a school occupational therapist who has a doctorate in occupational therapy. I work closely with special education and general education staff adapting material. This is where I get my inspiration for this material.
DISCLAIMER: By using this, you agree that this activity is not intended to replace the advice of a physician or occupational therapist. Information provided should not be used for diagnostic or training purposes. Please speak with your physician or OT if you have questions. Stop any activity if you are unsure about a child’s reaction or ability.