First of all, the title of this listing is a bit of a lie, there are actually 1,250 SAT1 Math multiple choice questions for sale here. But 1,001 sounded better to me.
I started creating these questions years ago when I was working in a school with many non - native speakers of English. The biggest problem my kids had was that in some questions, they simply didn't understand what the question was asking (a problem not limited to native speakers either). I set about to fix this by:
- Creating a concise comprehensive dictionary of math terms easily explained.
- Creating questions that would enhance students' understanding of math terms and how to apply this understanding, while simultaneously improving their overall math understanding.
- Design questions to really really encourage students to read them carefully and spot the obvious and not so obvious traps and pitfalls that many students are lulled into.
The approach I used to design the questions worked really well for my students, and have also worked to help students who are native or fluent speakers of English. In fact, it was my students who encouraged me to put them online in the first place.
There a lot of good books out there, but I (and my kids) found these encyclopedic sized books off-putting and daunting to the student (and some teachers), even with the handy 10 - 20 page introduction within them.
What's included in this resource is:
1. 1,250 practice questions that can be copied and pasted to make your own tests or used as general practice. (140 pages)
2. Answer key to ALL 1,250 questions. (7 pages)
3. Solutions to all the questions, as an assist to the teacher. (425 pages)
4. 20 individual tests, made from these questions, each test 50 questions long, with a table for the students to insert their answers and an answer key for each test.
5. Handy test tracker (as a word docx file, to edit as you wish and make your own) to help you keep track of which tests you give to which classes, dates tests were given, corrected or not etc.
6. SAT math dictionary (14 pages)
This 1250 question bank has been used by many teachers for various students from grades 7 - 12. Even adults pursuing further education have used these questions. They have helped cut down my work and the work of other teachers.
The topics covered in these questions are the same standard topics that are examined in the SAT1 math test: Tables and diagrams to interpret, word problems, algebra, geometry etc. I have heard that they have also been used to prepare for the ACT math test
I hope these questions help you and especially help your kids as they have helped me and mine. It's been a mammoth amount of work to compile them, but worth it in the end. Please check out my free sample test on my other products and remember to tell your students what I always tell mine:
These questions are a helpful source of practice, but are not a magic formula or a guaranteed result. A good result can only come with hard work on the student's part accompanied by the help of a dedicated teacher.
Any questions, please feel free to message me.
Good luck to all your students in (all) their SAT tests