Celebrate the 100th day of school with a twist!
Get ready for a 100th day of school celebration like you've never done before!
The problem: Zero the Hero was kidnapped by Devious Agent 99 in order to stop the 100th from day from coming. Without the number zero, it will have to be day 99 over and over again.
The setting: Turn your classroom into a spy lab as your students work to gain clues as to Zero the Hero's whereabouts.
Setting the stage: Your students will turn into secret agents as they receive their secret agent badge upon entering the classroom. You will play a special PowerPoint presentation with a ransom note being read by another secret agent that will "self destruct" after it's heard!
The missions: Your secret agents will work through several missions (all involving the number 100). After they complete a mission, they are able to open up a clue from Devious Agent 99. The missions include:
* Writing numbers to 100 (using invisible ink)
* Cracking the code using giant 10 frames (making 10)
* Bowling to 100
* Fingerprint science
* I Spy Numbers (Magnify It)
* STEM with 100
* Minute to Win It Activities (with the number 100)
* Making spy potions and "Hot on the Trail" Mix
Once your agents have collected all of the clues and put them together to figure out where Zero the Hero is being held, your agents will be off to look for him! Instead of finding Zero the Hero, they will find a special treat left as a reward for saving 100's Day.
This will be a 100th day of school that your students will never forget!
* Editable sign up sheet for parent donations and volunteers
* Note home to students
* Evidence markers
* Evidence tags
* Directions with photos on how to turn your classroom into a spy lab
* PowerPoint of a secret agent reading the ransom note and outlining the mission and other mini missions
* Secret agent badges (color and black & white)
* Spy kit toppers (color and black & white)
* Case file covers
* Clue envelope covers
* Recording sheets to go with missions that require one
* Adult direction sheets for each mission
* QR code for Fingerprint Science investigation video
* Snack counting templates and spy potion cover
* Snack bag topper
* Spy certificate (color and black & white)
* Links to our blog post and YouTube video with further explanations of the day
You might also be interested in:
Pirate Meet the Teacher Day
-Linda Ekstrom and Michelle Woods