This is a great 100th Day Math Activity. Practice those critical addition skills in a fun way for the 100th Day of School!
- Ask the students to bring in their favorite magazines or store ads. (Bring extras in as well! Grocery store ads work great for this.)
- Copy enough of the shopping cart sheet, the sheet to keep a running total of money spent, and the concession stand sheet (if desired) so every student has a copy.
- Give every student a copy of the shopping cart sheet.
- Tell the students they have a $100 budget.
- Students cut out items they want to buy (including the price!) and glue them onto the shopping cart worksheet.
- They can also utilize the concession stand to reach exactly $100. Post the concession stand somewhere that students can easily access it, or make each student their own copy.
- Students keep a running total of the money they have spent on the 2nd sheet. (Or they can use a piece of scrap paper.)
- Students shop until they have spent exactly $100.
- As an alternative, you could let students use technology to find the prices on items. Then they could credit their sources for you to double check prices.
Teaching tips (that I've learned over the years) as well as enrichment options are included in this product as well. Your students are going to love this 100th Day Math Activity!
This is a great, last minute NO PREP resource. You can even project it on your ActivBoard to do no printing!
Thank you for looking!
You will also enjoy these other 100th Day of School Activities
➨ 100th Day of School Math Centers: Addition Puzzles
➨ 100th Day of School Math Centers: Division Puzzles
➨ 100th Day of School Math Centers: Multiplication Puzzles
➨ 100th Day of School Math Centers: Subtraction Puzzles